Strategic Command v1.09.07 Beta available

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Benedict151

Strategic Command v1.09.07 Beta available

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Everyone
An updated version of the 1.09 beta is now available for Strategic Command.
This features some adjustment to the early campaigns to hopefully address the recent imbalance complaints we've seen in the forums since we've implemented the supply rule changes in v1.04 (together with some bug fixes).

Save games from 1.04 onwards should be compatible with v1.09.07 beta (although campaign changes won't take effect until you start a new one).
This is a comprehensive update (so you don't need to have installed previous beta versions to use it)

If you are playing a PBEM game we recommend you finish before updating, and for new PBEM games both you and your opponent will need to using version 1.09.07 beta

If all continues to go well with this update we will release this is an official update later in the month

Full details and where to download from are available on the Strategic Command Public Beta forum in this post :
fb.asp?m=4341098

regards
Ben Wilkins
JimWC

RE: Strategic Command v1.09.07 Beta available

Post by JimWC »

I just downloaded v1.09.07 and installed it. The game says it is running 1.09.07, but when I try to enter PBEM, I get a message that says version mismatch you need v1.09.07!!!!
Jim
Titan

Post by Titan »

I get the same thing..Just upgraded and get the client mismatch message when trying to log into pbem server
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

That is odd, let me look into this
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

We will need to post a hotfix for the pbem issue, we are working on it

Apologies for the inconvenience

regards
Ben Wilkins
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Why am I being forced to upgrade to this beta? I could understand the upgrade if it was an official release. Shouldn't we as the player(s) be allowed to choose when & or if we want to apply beta patches.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

ORIGINAL: Titan

I get the same thing..Just upgraded and get the client mismatch message when trying to log into pbem server

+1
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
hendriks65

Post by hendriks65 »

I actually installed v1.09.07 beta after PBEM gave an error that I needed this new upgrade, just like the last beta last week, and we did and now we can't play at ALL anymore...

Error message; "you need v1.09.07 beta installed"

Which we did and have, I can see the new beta below right on game start...

Please fix ASAP, hoping to get some rounds in this weekend....
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

ORIGINAL: Titan

+1
+1

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

If you are happy with the last release version (v1.08) then there is no need to upgrade. Your PBEM games will work fine without upgrading, no one is being forced to upgrade from v1.08 to the v1.09 betas.

However, I'm afraid that if you are using the beta version of Strategic Command (v1.09.xx) you do need to upgrade to the latest version to keep playing PBEM, otherwise bugs might occur due to players using different data sets.

This is because there are 2 PBEM servers, 1 for official releases and 1 for betas being developed

I am sorry for the inconvenience

regards
Ben Wilkins
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

If you are happy with the last release version (v1.08) then there is no need to upgrade. Your PBEM games will work fine without upgrading, no one is being forced to upgrade from v1.08 to the v1.09 betas.

However, I'm afraid that if you are using the beta version of Strategic Command (v1.09.xx) you do need to upgrade to the latest version to keep playing PBEM, otherwise bugs might occur due to players using different data sets.

This is because there are 2 PBEM servers, 1 for official releases and 1 for betas being developed

I am sorry for the inconvenience

regards
Ben Wilkins

Fair Enough, I suppose, do we have an ETA on the hotfix as I have a game on hold that I would like to continue losing [:D][:D]
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
geordietaf

Post by geordietaf »

Also what's the ETA of the official upgrade to 1.9?
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Manstein 63 - hotfix is available now and we're sorry for the frustration caused

Geordietaf - its looking like early October

regards
Ben Wilkins
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

Hello Manstein 63 - hotfix is available now and we're sorry for the frustration caused

Geordietaf - its looking like early October

regards
Ben Wilkins

Lovely [&o][&o][&o]

Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

The changes help re-balance things for the Axis against the USSR slightly but Soviet morale is still the issue.

Leningrad and Moscow have fallen and Soviet morale is at 98%....?
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Wow!

That shouldn't be...

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

The fall of Moscow reduces Soviet NM by up to 12,500. But it could be that other events boosting it up are why it's at that figure at this stage, e.g. the arrival of the Siberians or the USA entering the war?

In earlier versions we had the USSR surrendering too early due to low National Morale, and that needs to be avoided at all costs, particularly as the continued occupation of Soviet territory and all the battle casualties to come will reduce their National Morale further over the next few years.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Thanks Bill!

That totally makes sense!

Cheers,

C

-Aristotle-

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”