1938 Calm Before The Storm

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Cantona66

RE: 1938 Calm Before The Storm

Post by Cantona66 »

Hi, i will check the link now, but there where several problems with old beta files, i removed a lot of files from bitmap and media folders since they where unneccesary, and also the cgn file is updated.
Cantona66

Post by Cantona66 »

Cantona66

Post by Cantona66 »

Try now
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: wlape3

Anyone else having problems with Cantona66's drop box link?[&:]
Works now [:)].
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
wlape3

Post by wlape3 »

Link works fine but I still get the same error.

Cantona66, which version of of the games are you on? I am on the latest Beta. Perhaps that is why it works for you but not for me? [&:]
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
wlape3

Post by wlape3 »

Did a complete fresh install to version 1.08. Mod still crashes in the same way.This is the only mod currently installed. [X(]

Looks like this problem is linked to the game version in some way. Hubert indicated the size of some file have changed since the original release but did not say which ones or which releases. I suspect the changes were in version 1.04 or prior since the version notes say previous version save game files as far back as version 1.04 should work on the latest versions.

Thoughts? [&:]
steevodeevo

Post by steevodeevo »

$32 for an unzip?
wlape3

Post by wlape3 »

A little cryptic...care to expand?[:D]
Jaswar

Post by Jaswar »

1. How i can build german carriers, u-boat and torpedo boat units? I can't select them.
Those units are so low on procution list that it is impossible select them.

2. Are so italian unit names in Africa correct (example philippines paratrooper unit)?

3. UK can build Waffen SS cavalry unit!
Attachments
Screenshots.jpg
Screenshots.jpg (853.08 KiB) Viewed 542 times
wlape3

Post by wlape3 »

You can remove the option in the editor for the Waffen SS unit. You will find this unit in more than one unlikely place.

The problem with the build list is related to the program and not the mod AFAIK. You can try disabling some of the unit builds in the editor and see if the problem solves itself.

Will
jaggslither

Post by jaggslither »

Great mod! I recently bought the game and I'm still learning the ins and outs of basic gameplay, but curious if Italy can pass units through the Suez canal to assist in Abssynia? War has just started with Abssynia(July 17, 1938), and I've set the other Axis powers to AI controlled while I get used to the game, if that matters.
nnason

Post by nnason »

First of all kudos for all the work you put into this mod.

I am part of the way thru 1938 and am finding the AI takes forever to work thru whatever it is doing.

I have a hyper-threading 6 CPU 32GB intel computer. With a solid state OS hard Drive and a AMD 280X video card. So computer horsepower should not be an issue.

Is the issue the many new decision scripts?
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

I've had a bug with the version included in the community content download and Stannis, who seems to be hiding under the name of Crispy, advised me to report here.

I got 2 messages that Soviets had agreed the amended Polish split treaty, but they did not retreat back to BL, tho' the inhabitants of 3 hexes decided that they didn't like either option.

On a much lesser note, is the inability of Italian ships to pass through the Straits of Gibraltar in peacetime WAD or another bug?

Keep up the excellent work Cantona [&o]
Attachments
CB4SbugBL.jpg
CB4SbugBL.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 501 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Cantona66

Post by Cantona66 »

Hi very sorry for long time with no respone, but different isses has prevented me from focus on this, amoong other computer crash... It will take some more time.
ghostrider293

Post by ghostrider293 »

I'm currently up to summer 1940 in this scenario, playing as the Allies

The missing Diplomacy issue that many have mentioned automatically sprang into life in Sep '40, albeit only for France (so far).

A few observations & possible bugs that I've noticed:

Possible Bugs

1. Britain can build Waffen SS Divisions from Sep '39 ?!

2. The Battle of the River Plate event flashed up despite Britain not yet involved in the war.

3. The cost of purchasing new British units and upgrades seems disproportionately high compared to France & USA (eg in Abyssinia) despite Tech & Production maxed out at level 5.

4. Still no British or even USA diplomacy? (admittedly both countries not yet at war - but surely this is not exactly realistic whatsoever?)

5. Despite having a massive naval presence in the Med, and being at war with Germany & Italy, it's surprising that France STILL can't access the Med via the Gibraltar Straits.

6. War rages with Germany & Italy v France, but Britain seems "stuck" at 73% mobilisation

Observations: (WARNING - POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERTS)

1. Interestingly Germany declared war on & attacked France early in September '39.

2. Norway was invaded in April '40 by Germany as per historical timeline.

3. Poland, Holland & Belgium have not yet been attacked by Germany.

4. Britain has surprisingly not come to France or even Norway's aid, despite Italy also following Germany's lead in attacking France & declaring war on Norway. Frustrating to watch them struggle when a joint defence of Europe would assist them massively, but interesting nonetheless (unrealistic though IMHO?).

(Edits: Grammar only)

Cantona66

Post by Cantona66 »

Hi Ghostrider293
I am looking at your in put now, i think some are easy to fix. But the mod is mostly designed to play as Axis against allies so not that developed for the other side.
ghostrider293

Post by ghostrider293 »

ORIGINAL: Cantona66

Hi Ghostrider293
I am looking at your in put now, i think some are easy to fix. But the mod is mostly designed to play as Axis against allies so not that developed for the other side.

Many thanks for the reply and for creating this scenario Cantona.

I must admit, I didn't realise it was meant to be played as Axis.

That said, I've put many many hours into this scenario so far, and am really enjoying it, so it would be great to see it through to the end.

I'm guessing any fixes you're able to make won't be compatible with my current campaign?

Thanks again.
CypherLH

Post by CypherLH »

...playing this in the steam community DLC version and cannot purchase carriers, subs, or torpedo boats as the Germans. They are at the bottom of the list which extends beyond the normal boundary and I can't click on them to purchase.

See screen shot...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kVzX42 ... sp=sharing

Cypher
jaggslither

Post by jaggslither »

Did you opt-in to the open Beta on Steam yet? This issue (and many others including a great overall speed of turns/processing improvements), were

fixed in the new Beta version that was just released a few days ago. Also, if you haven't yet, subscribe to the forum on Steam. That's how I first heard

of it and all the details about it.
CypherLH

Post by CypherLH »

Nope! Very cool, will do this tonight! Excited to hear this because I LOVE this campaign, only complaints were the inability to build subs and carriers as Germany and the turn lengths.

Cypher

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”