Frozen frogs! Stef78 (axis) Stelteck (Russia) - Stelteck welcome

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Telemecus

RE: July 1942

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Stelteck
I was not aware that getting your air force being slaughtered in the air actually was a good thing for experience building [:D]

Could be a kind of evolutionary selection process - the less experienced get killed off leaving a highly experienced remainder? [&:][;)][:D]
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Dinglir

Post by Dinglir »

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain
(P.S. Notice how many trucks I have in the picture I posted ;-} )

Where do you see this on that report screen?
To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain
(P.S. Notice how many trucks I have in the picture I posted ;-} )

Where do you see this on that report screen?

I think in HardLuckYetAgain's screenshot it can be seen in the main/map screen (which is in the background) in the usual top place in the top right corner, so may have just been referring to that rather than it being visible in the commander's report?
STEF78

july 1942

Post by STEF78 »

Turn 59, 30th july 1942

I keep the pressure on the Stalingrad salliant

and definitively (till... 1943?1944?) cut the rail between Baku and Astrakhan

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
HardLuckYetAgain

RE: july 1942

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: STEF78

Turn 59, 30th july 1942

I keep the pressure on the Stalingrad salliant

and definitively (till... 1943?1944?) cut the rail between Baku and Astrakhan

The rail network on this part of the map is really "sparse" ;-) Not only the line between those two locations but the rail lines that feed Stalingrad ;-)
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
BrianG

supply line

Post by BrianG »

The gutsy move would be hold the mountain passes, hold the Baku passage, send armored army to Krasnodar area and attack through Rumanians and Italians and cut supply line for Germans in Baku area.

Just don't do it the way I did it against Silly.
sillyflower

RE: supply line

Post by sillyflower »

The Brian move might work. I had a lot more strength down there in our game, and much shorter supply lines on those turns that you did not get in the way. Stef's rail head now is where I think mine was by the end of March.

Stef does, however, have the advantage over me of all those jaeger divs now acting as mtn units which leaves the southern rail line a lot more vulnerable to interdiction. On balance, I reckon that the gutsy move would now be suicidal as it's hard to see a decisive armour/cav force cutting off G supplies before they lost their own.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Stelteck

RE: supply line

Post by Stelteck »

The game is on pause for holiday, in the middle of a titanic struggle in the caucasus, stalingrad and the Volga.

The game will resume in the beginning of september. I can't wait [;)]
Brakes are for cowards !!
STEF78

August 1942

Post by STEF78 »

Turn 60, 6th august 1942

Back to duty!

We are now entering the second part of 1942's summer campaign. Stelteck has traded some ground against time and as usual, most of the operations are occuring South (and far South!) of Tula.

In the center, Stelteck is very strong around Saratov and on the eastern bank of the Volga, and as there is no VP's for Saratov I decide to go first for Stalingrad. I reduce the bulge around this city, cut the rail South and try to cut the rail north, while crossing the Volga.

In the South I'm facing a complicated siuation. I was over confident with my ability to supply my spearheads via air and now all my Pzd east of Grozny have run out of fuel...
Stelteck still strongly holds Crimea, I wery weak in western Caucasus and not sure to be able to cut the Baku-Batumi rail line. it's sure that such a frontline would be a disaster for german army in 1943

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
chaos45

RE: August 1942

Post by chaos45 »

I could be rusty, but looking at that map you have no chain of HQs to your spearhead in the south thus why your supply sucks.

Basically your Army group headquarters should be on the rail head of close to it, then your the army HQ midway between the Army group and the corp HQs.....as each part of the command chain can move supplies to the next...least thats how I thought it works. So by having all your HQs forward you have none close enough to draw supply from the rail head and move supplies to the forward HQs.

charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi Stef,

Try for two Pz groups, 2 or three xxx's each. Do a two turn of full to very high mps hqbu. For one of the Pz groups, then follow this with the second Pz group, also with two turn hqbu.

Can't do much of anything with the air supply anymore.

A game of musical chairs as the Pz groups rotate up and back. Up to carry the offensive forward, then back to fuel up via hqbu routine.

Hint: getting two turns of high mps is not really clear at all. Must be the reason there are so few "good" axis players. But what do I know??? Giggle, giggle, blush, blush. Toke, toke...
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

ORIGINAL: chaos45

I could be rusty, but looking at that map you have no chain of HQs to your spearhead in the south thus why your supply sucks.

Basically your Army group headquarters should be on the rail head of close to it, then your the army HQ midway between the Army group and the corp HQs.....as each part of the command chain can move supplies to the next...least thats how I thought it works. So by having all your HQs forward you have none close enough to draw supply from the rail head and move supplies to the forward HQs.

I'm not sure that my main problem comes from HQ chaining. My army Group is in Rostov, my armies just ahead of the railhead.

I did a mistake with my air transport units. Half of them remained in the Moscow area [:(] and as the others were intensively used, they are now 80% depleted. I will be able to add 120 JU52 next turn to airbases in the South.
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

Hi Stef,

Try for two Pz groups, 2 or three xxx's each. Do a two turn of full to very high mps hqbu. For one of the Pz groups, then follow this with the second Pz group, also with two turn hqbu.

Can't do much of anything with the air supply anymore.

A game of musical chairs as the Pz groups rotate up and back. Up to carry the offensive forward, then back to fuel up via hqbu routine.

Hint: getting two turns of high mps is not really clear at all. Must be the reason there are so few "good" axis players. But what do I know??? Giggle, giggle, blush, blush. Toke, toke...
I'm too far from railhead to use HQBU right now and as I'm not very rich in trucks, I will use it cautiously...
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Sheesh, you got plenty of trucks, hqbu is a truck killer, another wite myth.

Air supply won't cut it, go ahead anyway.

HQ chain is for COMMAND purposes, supply is to first hq then to supply source, usually the nearest railhead.

Besides the gd rifle xxx will stop you in any case, then the gd cav xxx will counter attack, boo-hoo, boo-hoo, all the way back to Berlin. Psst, don't tell Stelleck, he likes to figure things out by getting his ass-kicked.

Fun to be a forum idiot.. hehe, forgot to "toke" again, sheesh yourself, charlie - doggie.
Dinglir

Post by Dinglir »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

Sheesh, you got plenty of trucks, hqbu is a truck killer, another wite myth.

Air supply won't cut it, go ahead anyway.

HQ chain is for COMMAND purposes, supply is to first hq then to supply source, usually the nearest railhead.

Besides the gd rifle xxx will stop you in any case, then the gd cav xxx will counter attack, boo-hoo, boo-hoo, all the way back to Berlin. Psst, don't tell Stelleck, he likes to figure things out by getting his ass-kicked.

Fun to be a forum idiot.. hehe, forgot to "toke" again, sheesh yourself, charlie - doggie.

I remember when we talked about playing a game, and we decided against it. One of the main reasons was that you felt I was being far to disrespectful.
To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

Yes the game restarted !!!

Soon exciting news about the battle of the caucasus and Stalingrad, epic fight around the volga and the first tiger kill, turn 66.
(Heavy panzer bataillon have CV=4. Wow !!!).

Will i be able to fulfill my pledge not to built any rifle corps in 1942 ?

Do not miss the next episodes of this AAR !!
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

@Dinglir, give it a rest, hope this the last and only public response. gag, barf, oops, excuse me.
STEF78

August 1942

Post by STEF78 »

Turn 61, 13th august 1942

High tide is close now. I won't be able to achieve a decisive victory and I have still 8 weeks before mud. Then we will enter the "neutral war zone" where both armies are of equivalent strength. So it's time to prepare for the second part of the war.

I will begin to think about buffer, good defensive zones but at the moment, best defence is offensive!

Center

Stelteck counterattacks to prevent any access to the eastern bank of the Volga. Another counterattack happened from the north. I'm still stronger than the russian army but it can bite now.

3 actions:
- crushing the northern russian counterattack. A tank corps is isolated.
- insisting to cross the Volga South of Saratov
- crossing the Volga South of Stalingrad to surround the city. The northern pincer failed.

Caucasus

Mountains units do their best to cut the rail but as they advance far through Caucasus mountains, supply becomes critical. If Stelteck is able to gather enough units, I won't be able to cut the rail.

It means that I will have to clean western Caucasus and Crimea by direct assault.

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Stelteck
Soon ... the first tiger kill, turn 66.
(Heavy panzer bataillon have CV=4. Wow !!!).

Looks something like this?

Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

More this model is present in the german army. Listen to the powerfull roar of its engine !!

Return to “After Action Reports”