Air strikes against bridges don't work

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

tex_ka95

Air strikes against bridges don't work

Post by tex_ka95 »

I just started playing TOAW 3 again for the first time in years. I started by playing the Germany 84 scenario which is one of my favorites from back in the day. I know I can do air strikes against bridges. But for some reason when I try to do that, I selected a unit, say F-111 well within range, hover over a bridge, the target reticle comes up but when I right click, it doesn't do anything. The arrow indicating air mission is setup on the air unit doesn't show up. It brings other units in the stack to the top like it should, but the air strike doesn't get setup and never happens. I can setup air strikes against other units, just not bridges.

I tried this in a couple of other scenarios too and same thing.

Any ideas?

I'm running 3.4.1.9 on Windows 10.
ronmexico111

Re: Air strikes against bridges don't work

Post by ronmexico111 »

tex_ka95 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 pm I just started playing TOAW 3 again for the first time in years. I started by playing the Germany 84 scenario which is one of my favorites from back in the day. I know I can do air strikes against bridges. But for some reason when I try to do that, I selected a unit, say F-111 well within range, hover over a bridge, the target reticle comes up but when I right click, it doesn't do anything. The arrow indicating air mission is setup on the air unit doesn't show up. It brings other units in the stack to the top like it should, but the air strike doesn't get setup and never happens. I can setup air strikes against other units, just not bridges.

I tried this in a couple of other scenarios too and same thing.

Any ideas?

I'm running 3.4.1.9 on Windows 10.
I know this is an old topic but I just started playing TOAW III again recently. You can't just click once when the target reticle comes up, you have to hold the right mouse button down until the little menu pops up, then you can select bridge attack or airfield attack.
"Never get out of the boat" Apocalypse Now
Hyding

Post by Hyding »

I don' about know about Tex (the op) but I'm about to be running some scenarios where bridge strikes are key. I remembered having to puzzle this out years ago but I did not recall what the issue was. Your post was timely for me. You almost certainly saved me some time puzzling over this.
ronmexico111

Post by ronmexico111 »

Hyding wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:39 pm I don' about know about Tex (the op) but I'm about to be running some scenarios where bridge strikes are key. I remembered having to puzzle this out years ago but I did not recall what the issue was. Your post was timely for me. You almost certainly saved me some time puzzling over this.
I'm glad I could help. By the way, what scenarios are you going to be running?
"Never get out of the boat" Apocalypse Now

Return to “TOAW III Support”