GD1938 Game 24

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

LJBurstyn

RE: GD1938 Game 24

Post by LJBurstyn »

Yeah, but Germany was not a true "neutral"...they were allied with one of the belligerents in the war. I would consider them moving (or that matter any number of ships) a large number of ships into the same location as my ships an act of war.

An alternate might be to deny the ability of neutrals to declare war on any nation they currently have units stacked with that nation. They must first unstack with any nation they want to declare war against.

As far as allies are concerned the ability to allow allied nations to occupy the same hex or your own nations hexes should be optional. Perhaps a choice when the scenario is started.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Waiting for cpdeyoung to replay turn 52 Germany, then we can get on with what was a enjoyable game.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Ok as cpdeyoung does not look like he wishes to continue this game would the Soviet player or anyone else wish to take over Germany and Italy, I am sure cpdeyoung will provide the password.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Too much for me to also play Germany/Italy. I have school 3 days and homework takes a day at least. Perhaps another wants to step in as Germany/Italy.
JRR
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I had to offer it to the Soviets but its a lot to take on probably to much as you say, be nice to finish the game though, and as it stands the game is nicely balanced with the slight edge to Germany Italy and the Soviet Union.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Or, alternatively, you could just play the turn as I presented it,

True, you will be missing some warships.

Chuck
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

A third alternative is an allied surrender....
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Simply not happening.

Cheat in game 23

A exploit in game 24

As I said before I don't see anyone putting up a serious defence of the above events, you went running to the game designer and he invented a name for what you had done in game 24 but as both the Japanese player (Larry) and Chinese player (Me) both have blown huge holes in the logic and application of Backstab, no counter arguments offered because there are non. One is only left to wonder what kind of player would stoop to using such tactics. If a rule has to be invented after the event then the event must be replayed again. Only a disreputable player would think otherwise.
Obviously you cannot break the rules of 1 or 2, but that does not mean that you cannot behave in a way not thought of as sportsmanlike. Playing the game only following 1 and 2, is bound to make some people unhappy. Note that the last example in the unspoken rules is a house rule that is needed since there is no way to know which player controls what countries. You can play this way, and not break rules 1 or 2, but it is obviously not meant to be played that way.
But that does not mean that you cannot behave in a way not thought of as sportsmanlike
erniescwitz hit the nail on the head, if you are happy to cheat and exploit, there may be no limit to what you are willing to do to win. As I also said why not just play the game its possible to win without either cheating or using exploits.

And this does not explain why you have decided to also walk away with the ball from game 23 other than that you are losing and that throwing a Norma Desmond seems a better option than conceding defeat.

Return to “After Action Reports”