Freezes

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
BigDuke66

Freezes

Post by BigDuke66 »

Just watched the latest video and the small blackouts reminded my of the problem I had with TOAWIII:
tm.asp?m=2582054
As this dragged from CoW over TOAWIII to TOAWIV I hope that it gets fixed before release as it was besides turn burn the most annoying thing.
I while back I read somewhere that a programmer adjusted the program so that it more often reported back to Windows so that the program doesn't get flagged as unresponsive and by that even let Windows not respond, I guess that may lead to the blackouts.
Meyer1

RE: Freezes

Post by Meyer1 »

Did that happen when moving units individually, or only with several units moving in group? can`t remember.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

I think that also happened with single units if they moved very far like it happens with rail movement.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Right... well while is not that big of an issue, though would be nice if fixed. Don't think that will happen. Let's hear from the devs [:)]
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Or not.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Well when I see in the last video that the game didn't start the scenario, there still seem to be bigger bugs to hunt than this one.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”