Whole bunch of new (bad?) player questions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

MemoryLeak

RE: Whole bunch of new (bad?) player questions

Post by MemoryLeak »

To Helpless,,

In previous post in this thread you have a screen shot showing no fly information. I can't(big surprise)
find that screen. I can get the squares to appear on the map indicating mission types and target areas
but when I click on the heading for the box , prior to the missions being flown as you stated,it just
shows the upcoming planned mission on right side of screen.

When I click on the mission-type headings on the boxes on the map after the mission has flown I get nothing, no popups.
And as a side note, sometimes I can click on that button with an airplane and two target symbols and nothing
happens.

I can click and click and click and it cycles through first one target symbol in the little button box turns red
and I click again and the second little target symbol in the little button box turns red but
nothing changes on the screen. I have no idea what it does because it does nothing visible.

Sometimes the large squares appear on the map showing all the types of missions and the areas targeted and sometimes they
don't appear. Sometimes I have to hit shift+y to get them to appear because no amount of clicking on the little
fing box with the little airplane and the little target symbols does nothing.

If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973
miv792

Post by miv792 »

Wgr 210 work? There was a fight with the aircraft with this suspension and did not see them being used.
Sorry for my english
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

In previous post in this thread you have a screen shot showing no fly information.

One way to get it is marked with red squares.

You need to open AD detail on the right. For example, left click in the AD title on the map square (button on the top menu to enable AD targets view). Then click on the GROUPS: (ac xx / esc xx) link which opens a list of available assets. Then check "no fly" check box on the bottom.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Wgr 210 work? There was a fight with the aircraft with this suspension and did not see them being used.

They should, but I will double check.
Pavel Zagzin
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I found several issues which could make air to air rockets out of action. Will fix. Thanks for bringing it up.
Pavel Zagzin
miv792

Post by miv792 »

ORIGINAL: Helpless

I found several issues which could make air to air rockets out of action. Will fix. Thanks for bringing it up.
Is the problem with the exe-(air-to-air-rocket) or the editor?
I just modified the database and will roll back the changes with the next patch. Unfortunately in WITW and WITE it is not possible to update the database as in WITP:AE.
Sorry for my english
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

I understand that the fix for air to air rockets was code based.

Actually I believe the WitE/W system is better than WitP:AE as you can chose either to lock your data in a scenario or have a single data set (generic) that updates all scenarios. You also have the choice on exactly which data to lock. Finally the CSV system allows you to have the best of both worlds as you can use spreadsheets to protect your work or add it to another scenario.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
miv792

Post by miv792 »

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer
Specifically, i mean updating the data in an already started game. In WITP:AE it worked very well.
Sorry for my english
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Amount of various databases in WITW (and WITE2) is significantly higher, so updating ongoing games is not that easy (although possible).

In this particular case no data change is required.
Pavel Zagzin
miv792

Post by miv792 »

ORIGINAL: Helpless
although possible
I'm very interested in how to do by means of simple mortals :)
Sorry for my english
miv792

Post by miv792 »

So how can update the database to the player in the game already started?
Sorry for my english
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Officially there is no such feature. Technically it can be added, although it is not so easy with all existing data dependencies.
Pavel Zagzin

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”