World at War game question

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Numdydar

World at War game question

Post by Numdydar »

I was at the World Board Game championships at the end of July and the World at War board game seemed very popular. Looked like about 10 games were going on at the same time.

Oddly enough I did not see any WiF games like I had in previous years. So I thought I would ask here and see if anyone had any thoughts on WaW versus WiF? Both games cover the entire war so they are the same in that regard.
juntoalmar

RE: World at War game question

Post by juntoalmar »

Hi,

It's like Advanced Third Reich but covering both Europe and Asia scenarios.

I think (M)WiF is more fun.

Cheers,
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Bruce Harper has done a lot with Advanced Third Reich, Rising Sun, and A World At War over the years. Being a somewhat simpler game than WiF, it's playable over a few days which is why you probably see more WAW games at WBC than any WiF games. At some point, it would be nice to see a standalone PC computer version of WAW with AI opponent. There is already the Warplanner browser software for playing over the internet. Maybe this could someday be expanded. Who knows.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Thanks for the responses.

Return to “World in Flames”