STAVKA - 8 player multiplayer Soviet thread

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Sardaukar

RE: STAVKA - 8 player multiplayer Soviet thread

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

Looks like you got hit by the iron fist of Hortlund, M60AttS.
Something similar happened to me after I used the Airforce without his ok. Well, I caused a diplomatic disaster by bombing finland and had to exchange my beloved Pe 8 against a U2 :(

It's not even close to when I accidentally hijacked one of STAVKA armies....[:D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Hortlund

Post by Hortlund »

Turn 9

Attachments
Turn9.jpg
Turn9.jpg (3.31 MiB) Viewed 102 times
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..
Hortlund

Post by Hortlund »

Turn is in the dropbox for the front commanders.

No new orders, except for southern front.

You are to cut off the pincer movement around STALINO and reopen a railline so we can save some of the industry in that region. RR-units have been assigned to one of your armies, and a new commander has taken over 37th Army. The previous commanding officer is now in Siberia counting trees.
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

v1.00 - November 26, 2010
Prior to December 1941, Soviet rail repair units will not automatically move to rebuild damaged rail lines that are within 5 hexes of an enemy unit.
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

North done.

The Finns have failed in two attempts to dislodge our units from their positions.

General Govorov conducted a counterattack and successfully forced two infantry regiments, one an SS unit, back.
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

Am I correct in understanding that STAVKA wants Stalino to be held for now?
Cutting the forward German elements off is doable, preventing a link up in the next week seems somewhat improbable with the forces at hand knowing the mobile formations the Germans have in the region. If that is what STAVKA wants though I will do my best to make it happen.

If I'm not mistaken a reforging of the rail link to Stalino requires that we hold the city till next turn in the hopes the RR brigades repair the rail lines we need. I guess the link going through 115 / 93 is the one most likely to be repairable and given what m60 posted that would only work if the 25th motorized division is pushed back which I guess has at best a 50/50 chance of working. There is nothing I can do to get the link back in action this turn right?
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Correct, the link cannot be restored until next turn at the earliest if you can push off the unit and provided the rail is not cut even more, which is quite possible.
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

After a closer look at the recon provided by stavka it indeed looks like a single panzer corp is covering the entire area S/SE of Kharkov. If there are no unspotted units in that area than a cut off and hold might indeed be in the cards.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Argh, the nasty Germans are coming after my front's now....[:@]

I wish there would be mud soon...
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Hortlund

Post by Hortlund »

STAVKA wants an attempt to save the STALINO-factories, yes. It could possibly be done, but we are aware that it requires to hold the Germans back for at least two turns. We think it could be done because the infantry is very far off, and the panzers seem very overextended right now.

You are authorized to try, and we will not hold any loss of forces against you, should you fail
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

Understood, the panzers indeed seem rather over extended. I just hope there isn't something like 2 panzer corps preparing a build up behind his frontline.
Sardaukar are you on the turn? Otherwise I could go second if that fits better time wise
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

What is the status of STAVKAs 325th and 329th Rifle Divisions? Also, although they are meant for other purposes, the three airborne brigades of the Southern Ural MD could help the situation in the south while not eating much railcap to get them there.
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

Technically these divisions belong to central command since they are north of Kursk. Regarding the airborne brigades: I had planned to use them in the rear to prepare defenses, I really don't want to risk them because afaik we could really use them later.
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Just be aware we can't afford to lose the arms at Rostov on top of what is already lost or at high risk.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund

STAVKA wants an attempt to save the STALINO-factories, yes. It could possibly be done, but we are aware that it requires to hold the Germans back for at least two turns. We think it could be done because the infantry is very far off, and the panzers seem very overextended right now.

You are authorized to try, and we will not hold any loss of forces against you, should you fail
Your mission, Mr. Phelps, should you choose to accept it...
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

Just in case: even though I asked I will not start with my turn unless Sardaukar tells me to go ahead and do mine before his.
Hortlund

Post by Hortlund »

Any STAVKA units inside your area of operations are yours to command and assign as you see fit. With two exceptions. The units colored black and red. These are off limits.
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

When I said central command I meant command of the central fronts not high command (STAVKA) just in case that message was for me Hortlund :)
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

I'll do my turn today.

Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Center done, turn in Dropbox.

Return to “After Action Reports”