AE replenish at sea in 1945

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

wga8888

AE replenish at sea in 1945

Post by wga8888 »

My one PBEM game is now in January 1945, I am USN. I have been unable to successfully replenish Bombardment TFs from fully loaded AEs in a replenishment TF in the same hex, via Replenish at Sea. So as before my BBs have to sail back to a port to replenish, prevents sustained naval bombardment unless several BB TFs are used in rotation. Has anyone heen able to replenish at sea with AE?

LIkewise I have never been able to replenish CV air groups from replenishment TFs with CVEs/replenishe squadrons. Always have to sail the CVs back to port to restock.

I do not know if these I features in which either I am doing it wrong or the routines just do not work in WITP. This lacking capabilty hampers USN game play and planning.

Perhaps fixed in WITE/AE?
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
Capt

RE: AE replenish at sea in 1945

Post by Capt »

I found I could not load BB main armament shells from AEs other than in a port. Did you try flying replenishment squadrons onto the CV and then disbanding them?
"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)"

Jacky Fisher
wga8888

RE: AE replenish at sea in 1945

Post by wga8888 »

I posted the same question to the AE forum, home of many former WITP players. The AE replenish at sea for bombardment TFs was not fixed until the latest AE update 1126a, made available in November 2016. Hence it never works in WITP. So you need a friendly port is needed close to the bombardment target and several TFs are needed for continuous bombardments. My example in Jan 1945 is my sustained bombardment of Tainan (Formosa) from my base at Battan Island 3 hexes away. Be aware this is after is a case of diminishing returns, after a few days, only expect low double digit causalities; while your landing reinforcemetns continue to take high (disabled) losses.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]

Return to “The War Room”