TOAW IV In-depth Analysis - SUPPLY ENHANCEMENTS

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here
coach3play4

RE: TOAW IV In-depth Analysis - SUPPLY ENHANCEMENTS

Post by coach3play4 »

bob can you help me - im a play tester for toaw 4 but im hung up in the scenario Africa '42 for supply considerations. while i can achieve better than historical results driving though Torbuk but then as i go into Egypt my supply goes to 1 to 3% in each unit. However i never get unsupplied or the new partial supply. so as a good general i try to rotate my low supply units back and try to continue the attack thru Egypt but never get anywhere ( i realize of course this is historical). But i think ive done better than historical in getting there and should have a better situation.

I just think im missing some tactic within the new toaw system to build up supply. any ideas here? thanks
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: oleary111

bob can you help me - im a play tester for toaw 4 but im hung up in the scenario Africa '42 for supply considerations. while i can achieve better than historical results driving though Torbuk but then as i go into Egypt my supply goes to 1 to 3% in each unit. However i never get unsupplied or the new partial supply. so as a good general i try to rotate my low supply units back and try to continue the attack thru Egypt but never get anywhere ( i realize of course this is historical). But i think ive done better than historical in getting there and should have a better situation.

I just think im missing some tactic within the new toaw system to build up supply. any ideas here? thanks

As a play tester for TOAW IV you should know to ask this question on the development board.

But, since you've asked it here, my answer is that this is probably an issue with the scenario you're playing. I can only guess which one it is, since you don't give its full name. If it's one of the old ones in the Classic folder, many of those scenarios need to have the High Supply option turned on. That might help a little.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
dontra85

Post by dontra85 »

what is the criteria for supply to be pushed through a port. i have some ports (minor and major) supplying units but others that do not.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: dontra85

what is the criteria for supply to be pushed through a port. i have some ports (minor and major) supplying units but others that do not.
Anchorages have nothing to do with supply.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
governato

Post by governato »

I always wonder how supply units work in detail once their supply radius has been assigned.

OK Let's say the supply radius is set to 3 hexes for everything.

If I have a rail head in one hex and a unit 10 hexes away that needs supply.

Is it better if I A) put the supply unit three exes from the railhead (and seven from the unit I want to supply) or B)three hexes from the unit I want to supply and so 7 hexes from the railhead?
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: governato

I always wonder how supply units work in detail once their supply radius has been assigned.

Is it better if I A) put the supply unit three exes from the railhead (and seven from the unit I want to supply) or B)three hexes from the unit I want to supply and so 7 hexes from the railhead?
The supply unit only helps units within a supply radius of it. So, A does nothing for the unit. B helps it.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
governato

Post by governato »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

ORIGINAL: governato

The supply unit only helps units within a supply radius of it. So, A does nothing for the unit. B helps it.

Got it. Tx!

Return to “The War Room”