Heroes of Stalingrad or Conflict of heroes

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

schascha

Heroes of Stalingrad or Conflict of heroes

Post by schascha »

I would like to take advantage of the "Digital Boardgames Sales Week"

I hesitate between "Conflict of Heroes: "Awakening the Bear" and "Mark H. Walker’s Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad "

It would be nice if you could help me to take a decision.

THX BY ADVANCE!!!
Red2112

RE: Heroes of Stalingrad or Conflict of heroes

Post by Red2112 »

I have both, and for me it´s "Heroes of Stalingrad". It´s a challange and it´s very close to the boardgame. CoH is good too but it´s quite different to HoS. Both are nice but If I had to pick one, then it would be HoS.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Both are good.
Heroes is better with many mods!
schascha

Post by schascha »

Thx for your answers.[&o][&o]

I'll get heroes of Stalingrad
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Red2112

I have both, and for me it´s "Heroes of Stalingrad". It´s a challange and it´s very close to the boardgame. CoH is good too but it´s quite different to HoS. Both are nice but If I had to pick one, then it would be HoS.

Me too and I've already deleted Conflict of Heroes. I just didn't like the way it plays with I go one piece you go one piece. I prefer Igo all my pieces and then ugo all your pieces.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

There is one thing I really like about CoH though, your web-cam can capture your real dice roll´s and compute them. All you have to do is focus your web-cam to were you are rolling your real-life dice and activate that option! That feature should be on every game that uses dice roll´s! [:)]

--
wodin

Post by wodin »

Very difficult. Out the two I'd possibly go towards Stalingrad but the spotting rules I hate and for me stopped me playing.

If you want a squad based wargame then either the old Steel Panthers or Squad Battles are the ones to go for. SB has a great community over at Blitz and it comes to life PBEM.

They are the most feature complete squad wargames and in my eyes no one feature that ruins the game (though one comes close in SB but not close enough to finish the game off)

One thing though I don't think SB works well post Vietnam. Also if your after detailed armour aspect then maybe SP is the best bet. SB is more infantry focused game, hence the name.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

It depends on what elements are most important to you.

HOS does have that spotting problem but the rest of the game play is pretty solid / fun.

And in terms of atmosphere, immersion etc, IMO Squad Battles, COH and SP have little to offer there ...

Bottom line - If you haven't saved little Misha at least once in life, you're missing out [:)]

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Have to agree if we are getting into "any" squad based game then Steel Panthers is more bang for your buck. But, you did ask a "specific" question of whether COH or HOS and between those two then HOS is the clear winner as I see from your statement above.

Good choice; cya in the funny papers.[:)]

Return to “General Discussion”