The Good The Bad & The Indifferent

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Panther Bait

RE: The Good The Bad & The Indifferent

Post by Panther Bait »

Ahh, the difference between the Allied game (at least late game) and the Japanese game in one screenshot. The Allies have 190K supply at a backwards base because it's not worth the trouble to go get. I wonder what John would give to get that 190K supply.

Mike
When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

11/1/44

Hobart: Are there mines at Hobart? No. But there is supply. A lot of it.

Tell him he can have it in exchange for the ER package. Free!
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Panther Bait

Ahh, the difference between the Allied game (at least late game) and the Japanese game in one screenshot. The Allies have 190K supply at a backwards base because it's not worth the trouble to go get. I wonder what John would give to get that 190K supply.

Mike

I've got over 300,000 at several backwater bases. More than several in fact. Not much fuel though.
The Moose
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

My current game, in November '43, has 19 million fuel on the East Coast.
I can't ship it out fast enough.
Hans

Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I've already begun "end of war" draw downs of fuel and supply. For instance, Pearl Harbor has about 3 million of each (that's not a tremendous amount but neither is it miniscule). Regular CS TFs are bringing more from West Coast, but I've begun diverting some TFs to instead draw down on fuel and supply from Pearl and take it to more forward staging points or to Oz, my main collection point. This may be a tad bit early, so I'll gauge this carefully, but ut there's no need in having huge supply depot stockpiles in the rear when the war ends.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Simonsez

Post by Simonsez »

Hey, you need all those resources to rebuild Japan and Germany after the war ends! How about a rousing game of "The Marshall Plan" after you complete your WITPAE campaign? This will cover all of the intrigue of clearing the rubble and rebuilding the industry of both Europe and Japan so your discharged digital soldiers can have the benefit of owning a home with a white picket fence and driving the latest model from Detroit. Don't forget cheap electronics that will soon be pouring in from Japan and the fun you can have micromanaging who gets GI Bill money for an education! THe Marshall Plan game covers the occupation and rebuilding of all countries impacted by WW2 as well as a four year plan to get everyone back on their feet - covers the years 1946 through 1952. Six more years of simulation gaming is at your finger tips! I figure you and John could finish sometime in 2025 or so.[:D]
Simonsez

It's a trap!
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Can we also model the Baby Boom?
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Jeff, did you mean to post your question in another AAR?
No,

JIII is playing a different game than you..

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Can we also model the Baby Boom?

If you & John are gonna 'model' the baby boom, I don't wanna know...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

The generation I sire shall be like Happy Days. John's shall be like The Boys from Brazil.
Bif1961

Post by Bif1961 »

What ever happened to Chuck Cunningham?
Lovejoy

Post by Lovejoy »

If you're going to do that, I'd go ahead an invade Korean using American and Commonwealth troops. Prevent the Korean War from happening!
anarchyintheuk

Post by anarchyintheuk »

ORIGINAL: Bif1961

What ever happened to Chuck Cunningham?

He went up the stairs one episode and never returned. The family probably doesn't want to talk about it.
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

11/2/44

Fancy Pants: Three reinforcing divisions mostly ashore, one at Foochow and two at Ningpo. Three reinforcing engineer units come ashore at Ningpo tomorrow, so work on the level 3.38 airfield should increase markedly. Bringing the airfield online for B-24J ops is the most important thing going on right now.

Attachments
110244FancyPants.jpg
110244FancyPants.jpg (790.88 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

I just don't understand Japan, here. How can he have no fighters at Okayama, surely can scrape up something to be based?
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

John has hundreds of fighters at many bases like Tokyo, Osaka, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Kagoshima....and then others are curiously undefended. He's probably scrambling to get a grip on what's happening and how to defend. He's probably chewing nails over the whole strategic bombing at night system. Okayama was hit twice over three days but he didn't reinforce after the Day 1 attack and thus had the same defense for the Day 3 attack.
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Man, the Forum has been active in John's AAR the past few days. Sometimes activity itself can be a clue, but there are three plausible possibilities that I've come up with, any equally likely: (1) just a random discussion of some fun topic that may not even pertain to AE; (2) the forum or a subset thereof is giving John grief for his Reverse Sir Robin Strategy (the other subset supporting the strategy); (3) John is considering or implementing a bold and big plan that will bring things to culmination.

Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

11/3/44

Fancy Pants: The Japanese left flank is in danger of collapsing, the right flank is in trouble; and, in the middle, John may be pulling back.

Attachments
110344FancyPants.jpg
110344FancyPants.jpg (760.57 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Man, the Forum has been active in John's AAR the past few days. Sometimes activity itself can be a clue, but there are three plausible possibilities that I've come up with, any equally likely: (1) just a random discussion of some fun topic that may not even pertain to AE; (2) the forum or a subset thereof is giving John grief for his Reverse Sir Robin Strategy (the other subset supporting the strategy); (3) John is considering or implementing a bold and big plan that will bring things to culmination.

4) Fine dining in Hobart
The Moose
Kitakami

Post by Kitakami »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

4) Fine dining in Hobart

5) Discussing the value of goat's milk in the daily diet.
Tenno Heika Banzai!

Return to “After Action Reports”