Tea Hee (see what I did there?)

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

warspite1

Tea Hee (see what I did there?)

Post by warspite1 »

Some of these are v. funny, but as they say - never truer word spoken in jest - can you spot which ones (there are actually 3 of them) are actually true?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... facts.html

https://twitter.com/i/moments/896968226101440513
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Mobeer

RE: Tea Hee (see what I did there?)

Post by Mobeer »

Just one obviously true - "England can win the world cup this time". Though it should be "will", not "can", obviously.
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

ORIGINAL: Mobeer

Just one obviously true - "England can win the world cup this time". Though it should be "will", not "can", obviously.

I'm sure I saw on Twitter that we won the last World Cup.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Nice try. Some sadly confused people may still think that, but that is not one of the three actual laws that exist in the UK and that were treated as jokes in the above.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Nice try. Some sadly confused people may still think that, but that is not one of the three actual laws that exist in the UK and that were treated as jokes in the above.
warspite1

No one else fancied hazarding a guess? Well I'm not surprised - they are pretty obscure laws:

Law passed in 1919: Speaking to anyone on a train or an omnibus is illegal in England (only).

Law passed in 1734: Every British and Irish (between 1801 and 1922 - thereafter Northern Irish only) person has to have been invited for tea at Buckingham Palace at least once by the time they are 21.

The last one is not a law as such, but it is a FACT: If you speak British English very loudly & slowly abroad, it will automatically translate into the local language. If it doesn't, then the foreigner has some sort of learning difficulty, obviously.

Return to “General Discussion”