Winter Weather and Default Resource Routes

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ashkpa

Winter Weather and Default Resource Routes

Post by ashkpa »

I have posted earlier about setting resource routes through the Faeroes Gap. I got it to work in my solo game for SO39, but along came ND39 and the Canadian resources were refusing to use the Default Route. Gave up and just came back to it recently. In relooking at it, the Default routes indicate the use of Quebec as the port of debarkation to the East Coast sea zone. The computed route does not indicate what city is being used (see image below). The issue in my ND39 turn is that the weather is Blizzard over Quebec and it is a not a valid port in such conditions (frozen over). I suspect that may be why the game refuses to use the default routes and it's own computed routes will not use the Faeroes Gap.

Does anyone know of a way to change the port of debarkation for default routes (Halifax would work great in this case - as in real life)? I have tried several times, but cannot seem to change the rail routes for the shipped resources (the notes in the book seem to indicate that the player has no control over the rail route used). Next post will have the saved game file.

Pat

Attachments
WinterPro..nRoutes.jpg
WinterPro..nRoutes.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 20 times
Pat
ashkpa

RE: Winter Weather and Default Resource Routes

Post by ashkpa »

Game File at Preliminary Production for the CW.
Attachments
S02ND39E..uctiona.zip
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Pat
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

IIRC, changing overland routes worked just as you would change sea routes, but that functionality is long gone.
Regarding the changing of routes, MWiF is not taking any player input anymore. At least not for me if I do it as shown in the tutorials. Biggest and most annoying bug of the whole game if you ask me. A potential love-killer.

Even if you would get the game to route via Halifax, no guarantee it will go through Faeroes as well.

Convoy AI is (still) a mess right now. It takes different routes than were set up, cannot be told to make even the simplest change in route and it is often very difficult to get a few factories from idling because you can't change the routes, and adding a few convoys to sea areas that you as a player can see will fill all gaps (so all factories should be producing) often makes MWiF change the routes on you so that it is still not possible to get all factories working. You must add convoys to very specific sea areas, that MWiF preferres or suffer the consequences. Possibly even forcing you put 20 convoys in 1 area instead of 10 in two different areas. Turn later it may change its preferrences so you need to find out where its roadblocks are this time. Like I said, a potential love-killer.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

This was fixed in version 2.5.5.0.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”