How should allies deal with Spain?

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

dave123

How should allies deal with Spain?

Post by dave123 »

I've played several games multiplayer as allies. Each time the Axis has went diplo to get Spain, it has worked. This is all without Brits abandoning Gib, or any negative happenings in the med. 100% diplo.

This seems somewhat unhistorical, and is bordering on being a game breaker for me. Franco and Hitler did not get along, and Franco asked for more than he knew Hitler would give just to have an excuse not to join. Hitler said he would rather have a tooth pulled than talk to the guy. Anyway..

So how do you deal with Spain joining? In my current game, I bought 3 Brit chits and 2 French within the first couple of turn. I got one hit so far. Perhaps this is the answer, get Spain far enough from the Axis so that the Axis player decides that it is not worth the trouble? But it is expensive, making me vulnerable early, and slowing research. And when France surrenders, my 3 chits will still be unable to stop Axis if they go for it.

Any better ideas?

I would really like to see this fixed, or at least give the Allies some bonuses if it happens, say having the Brits take the canaries or invade Spanish North Africa. Or perhaps the Americans could jump in mobilization and/or transfer some ships to the Atlantic.

But in the meanwhile??
wurger54

RE: How should allies deal with Spain?

Post by wurger54 »

Obviously Hitler felt different in your game. Typically I don't want Spain as the Axis.

In a recent email game Portugal went Allied and became the jump off point for the Allied invasion of the west. Spain didn't last long in tht one. I think I'll hold them at the Pyrenees.
Wurger

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”