[SCENARIO FOR TESTING] Blood Diamonds

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

animalshadow

[SCENARIO FOR TESTING] Blood Diamonds

Post by animalshadow »

Blood Diamonds
v1.0

In 2007, Angola became China's largest trading partner in Africa. In 2010, trade between the two countries amounted to $ 24.8 billion. In 2011 and the first 8 months of 2012, Angola was China's second largest trading partner in Africa, after South Africa.

On August 2018 an alleged coup d'état was attempted in Angola against state institutions, including, but not limited to the government and President Jose Eduardo dos Santos. The attempt was carried out by a faction within the Angolan Armed Forces that organized themselves as the FNLA(Frente Nacional de Libertação de Angola).

On August 5th, the ruling MPLA party, considering strong economic relations (Angola is China's second biggest trading partner in Africa), appealed to the Chinese government with the request to help stabilize situation in country.

Scenario is playable by China side only. 24h long.

Your main objectives:
Conduct air strikes on pre-planned targets in Luena & Matala Airbases.
Find, Identify and Eliminate FNLA Armored Column.
Eliminate FNLA 13th Fighter Squadron.
Protect Cabinda airport against possible air strikes.
Successfully ferry PLA paratrooper battalion from mainland China to Cabinda Airport

In archive you'll find scenario itself, 2 custom overlays & briefing in word file.

Feedback, criticism & help are more than appreciated.

Thanks!
Attachments
BloodDiamondsv1.0.zip
(2.63 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
hellfish6

RE: [SCENARIO FOR TESTING] Blood Diamonds

Post by hellfish6 »

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try.
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

Ive been giving this one a go.
Pretty interesting so far
I have had some things happen though with a/c not staying on mission.

Ive had SEAD aircraft with go onto CAP and then fire at any radar even if they are out of the designated mission area, with the target outside of mission area option unchecked.This is perhaps a game issue and not a scenario one though

cheers

animalshadow

Post by animalshadow »

hellfish6,
Any feedback? How was it?

Jorm,
Thanks for feedback. Let me know how it feels after you'll finish it.
That's related to the doctrine and mission specific I believe.
giantsquid

Post by giantsquid »

Great work with this scenario. I'm into it.
I must limit my clashes with angolan planes not belonging to FNLA 13th Fighter Squadron, correct? It seems I do not get negative points if I shoot planes down

Thanks

Francesco
animalshadow

Post by animalshadow »

Thanks.
Glad you like it.

Main idea is to give player a choice between 2 bad things, for example:
You can bomb the hell out of runway to prevent any operations from airport with Su-24 squadron and suffer some penalty but which you can compensate by using more airplanes in the center of the country to do other objectives or you can leave that airfield untouched - protect your CAG by destroying planes which will results in less penalty in points but you have to keep CAP & probably will lose some airplanes.
"If disabling enemy airbase is necessary and will result in less casualties from Chinese and/or Angolan side – you’re free to cripple airbases infrastructure."

Same thing applies to SAM sites & radars.

Destroying Su-27(FNLA 13th Fighter Squadron) will give you positive points and less headache in conducting missions over central part of Angola.
giantsquid

Post by giantsquid »

Thanks, makes sense. I enjoyed it, but probably chinese have too many assets.

F
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

Finally had time to finish this scenario
Its fun to play and well paced and an interesting force mix. Also theres alot of replayability built in.

Do the cancel assault events work ? i am trying to learn more about use of lau and events and i didint see what the event actually did ? the 'events' seem empty in the editor, again in still learning this stuff so i may not understand how its meant to work.

I found the battle group then it was fogged in with low cloud so none of my weapons would fire, pretty interesting as it added tension to the game :-) i.e. what if o lose them again , what if i tryto track them into a clearer weather zone, what if id found them earlier etc... good stuff

good one
cheers

animalshadow

Post by animalshadow »

Glad you enjoyed it.
Event editor is full of events(see attachment) :) #3 & #4 are cancellation events.When they are triggered they cancel pre-planned missions.
Attachments
events.jpg
events.jpg (207.84 KiB) Viewed 222 times
Malafon

Post by Malafon »

Really enjoying this one so far. Complex rules of engagement, very real world.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”