Redeeming Your Steam Key (Including Collector's Edition)

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

Indirectlemon

Redeeming Your Steam Key (Including Collector's Edition)

Post by Indirectlemon »

Hi All,

The instructions for redeeming a Steam Key are still here. However what might not be immediately obvious is how to redeem your Scourge of War: Waterloo Collector's Edition Key into a Scourge of War: Waterloo and three DLCs Steam Key.

When registering your Collector's Edition key, please use the same key to register for each of the following:
  • Scourge of War: Waterloo Collector's Edition
  • Scourge of War: Waterloo
  • Scourge of War: Ligny
  • Scourge of War: Quatre Bras
  • Scourge of War: Wavre

Once you have registered each key, you will be able to download installers and patches for the Collector's Edition by following the Core/Updates links, and you will be able to redeem four Steam Keys for Waterloo and it's three DLCs. You will then be able to activate these four products on Steam as normal.

You will have to activate your 'Scourge of War: Waterloo' key first, before you activate any of the DLCs. If you try to activate a DLC before activating the base game Steam will return an error message "Please first activate the original game".

Please note; To redeem 'Scourge of War: Wavre', you will not receive a Steam Key when you register 'Scourge of War: Wavre', instead you will receive a Steam Key when you register 'Scourge of War: Waterloo Collector's Edition': This is your 'Scourge of War: Wavre' Steam Key. I apologise that this isn't as straight forward as it could be, but we were not able to link the two sets of Wavre keys together, so this is the simplest solution.

Happy Gaming!
Lucas Young

Production Assistant

Image Image
Philippeatbay

RE: Redeeming Your Steam Key (Including Collector's Edition)

Post by Philippeatbay »

I just bought the Collector's edition and registered it with Slitherine. I also registered the four games (Waterloo, Ligny, Quatre Bras, and Wavre) individually, using the same registration key.

Next to each of the games except Wavre there was a place to click to get a Steam key, which I promptly used.

So I've now been able to register Waterloo, Ligny, and Quatre Bras with Steam (which, based on the checkmarks in their DLC ownership lists, recognizes that I own them) but I have no way to register Wavre because you neglected to make it possible to acquire a key.

Wavre is being sold on Steam along with their version of the bundle, so it's not like the game can't be registered with them.

And for the avoidance of doubt, although Slitherine uses a single key for all four games, Steam requires different Steam keys for each one.

Please do the needful and send me a Steam key for Wavre.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

have you tried the key for Wavre in steam? the one you got in the downloaded version?

as sometimes the key is the steam key also, just mentioning it, if not ask support, as while they will see this post, it's quicker
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

The Matrix/Slitherine key is not a valid code because it doesn't have enough letters.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'll warn production about this. I'm sure they will fix this tomorrow.
We apologize for all the inconvenience.
Indirectlemon

Post by Indirectlemon »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

I'll warn production about this. I'm sure they will fix this tomorrow.
We apologize for all the inconvenience.

Thank you Paulo.
ORIGINAL: Philippe at bay

I just bought the Collector's edition and registered it with Slitherine. I also registered the four games (Waterloo, Ligny, Quatre Bras, and Wavre) individually, using the same registration key.

Next to each of the games except Wavre there was a place to click to get a Steam key, which I promptly used.

So I've now been able to register Waterloo, Ligny, and Quatre Bras with Steam (which, based on the checkmarks in their DLC ownership lists, recognizes that I own them) but I have no way to register Wavre because you neglected to make it possible to acquire a key.

Wavre is being sold on Steam along with their version of the bundle, so it's not like the game can't be registered with them.

And for the avoidance of doubt, although Slitherine uses a single key for all four games, Steam requires different Steam keys for each one.

Please do the needful and send me a Steam key for Wavre.

Apologies for the inconvenience, Wavre followed a different setup and as such the Steam Keys aren't available to be redeemed for this title. As a workaround I have attached the Wavre Steam Keys to the Collector's Edition. You should now be able to Redeem a Wavre Steam Key by registering your Collector's Edition.

I hope this fixes your issue, please let us know if you have any problems.
Lucas Young

Production Assistant

Image Image
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Thanks for your help. The Steam key worked. That seems to have solved the problem.
steveh11Matrix

Post by steveh11Matrix »

OK: I have the code for the collector's edition, I go to Steam, I click the '[+] Add a game' in the bottom left corner. It brings up the pop-up window; I copy-paste the key in - and it says I need to register the original game 1st. Help?

Edit 31st Aug 2018: Never mind, I figured it out - but Oh, myyyyy, don't you folks like to make things difficult?
"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

see!Had to make another ticket over this issue,i still havnt been able to play this game through dsteam or otherwise.:( going to check email now see if i have a rteply as ive been Offline for 2 weeks so...brb :)
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

They sure do,and sometimes when we make a post here about it we get some Flak from the regulars as though we are "Dummies" pffft.
driver

Post by driver »

I feel your pain. Maybe I am old school but when I buy a computer game, I expect that I merely have to download it and then it will work. In any event, I bought a lot of games with the Christmas sale and combined with a 15 year coupon. I spent an entire night down loading and then having to uninstall and reinstall, etc, etc as many of the games did not work when first installed. I finally got every game working but Sourage Waterloo. No matter what I did, I could not get it to work from the download. But I am also on Steam so I go to My Page on the Maxtrix side and click on the game and get a Steam Key. How easy is that but that Key does not work. So I scour the forums and it tells me I need all of the Keys but I could not figure out where to find them. I asked support for help and the tone was I am a dummy and can I not easily read the 4 steps to get the key and install on steam. My reply was clearly I do not have a degree in computer science so if they could just send me the keys, that would be appreciated. I also added I cannot see why I needed to do all of these things. What other app, I asked, needs one to do a number of steps in order to use the product. I sent screen shots of each step and the reply was read the instructions on a forum and follow all of the steps. I was so frustrated and upset by this point as then links inside of posts were not working and I could not figure it out. In any event, after a number of exchanges, I finally did get the codes and have been able to play this game using steam. As it turns out, even though the game showed up on "My Page", you still need to "register" the game to then get the Steam codes or at least that is what I think I missed. I still does not make an sense to buy a game, have it show up on my page but then you have to register it to play it. It is sad I had to resort to threats of legal action to finally get some customer service. My issue is that Matrix seemed to be more concerned about informing me of my flaws in dealing with computer issues than helping me.
kennonlightfoot

Post by kennonlightfoot »

I bought the Collectors Edition. I downloaded it from Steam. It shows it as "Scourge of War: Waterloo" on icon it created. When I click that icon to run it, it will display the keys for Waterloo, Quatre Bras, and Ligny. It will let me copy those to my clipboard. But when I click Play it opens only the Waterloo game.

If I go to Steam and look up games in my Library it only shows Waterloo.

If I search for one of the others like Ligny it says I have already downloaded it and give me the option to press "Play".
If I press "Play" it starts Waterloo.

There is apparently no way to access the other two games from Steam to download them or enter the keys.

Also Wavre is completely missing.
Kennon
Sticktrader

Post by Sticktrader »

Every time I hit the link for directions on how to load my collectors edition to steam the link says not authorized. Help!

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”