Should I buy this game?

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

morelyn

Should I buy this game?

Post by morelyn »

I'm looking for a strategic simulation of the ACW and it seems like this is the most developed. Grigsby's version looks a bit sterile to me from the little I've seen of it and others are old.

I'm just wondering if this game is fun and people recommend it. Thanks.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
loki100

RE: Should I buy this game?

Post by loki100 »

Strongly recommend. Its AGEOD's second go at the civil war so the underlying database is very accurate. Getting used to the AGEOD style of game can be a bit of a learning curve but there are some well chosen one year/half map scenarios (the 1862 in the West one is particularly good) to ease you in.

You'll find the forum over on AGEOD's own forum more active and plenty of people happy to answer questions and a mass of existing material that you can draw on
morelyn

RE: Should I buy this game?

Post by morelyn »

Thanks, think I'll give it a go.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Civil War II”