Doesn't fit screen, can't find how to change resolution

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

eliwood98

Doesn't fit screen, can't find how to change resolution

Post by eliwood98 »

When I start the game, it is off center and does not fit the screen, and is at a weird resolution.

I can't find where to change resolution or how to do anything like fix the off center screen.
eliwood98

RE: Doesn't fit screen, can't find how to change resolution

Post by eliwood98 »

I sort of fixed it by running in windowed mode, now I just need to change the resolution so it can fit the screen better.
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Check under your Intel graphic control panel and tick Scaling Full Screen and override application setting.
Banner designed by rogueusmc
eliwood98

Post by eliwood98 »

Hmm, I am having difficulty finding this control panel.
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Right click your mouse when you are on the desktop. See if your can see any display graphic panel. Some basic notebooks without good graphic card will not have enable scaling function. Mid price range notebooks especially for gaming will have full screen scaling. My notebook uses Intel(R) HD Graphic 630, I suppose that is the minimum required.
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Check your Control Panel, Hardware, Device Manager, Display Adapter and look for Intel or Nvida.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

For the resolution, you can add switches (short bits of text that begin with a dash and have one space between them, at the very end of the "Target" path) to the executable path of the WitPAE shortcut to make it just about anything you want. It's described in the "What's New" PDF located in the WitPAE installation folder. Tip: don't copy/paste from the PDF as it can cause problems. The dashes, by the way, are the minus '-' sign, and the switches are case sensitive.

One thing the PDF doesn't describe: instead of the default -px and -py switches, use -pxf and -pyf to "force" just about any resolution you want.

Return to “Tech Support”