How to get discontinued Matrix games?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

How to get discontinued Matrix games?

Post by Kuokkanen »

I want to get Starshatter The Gathering Storm. How can I get it? If it matters anything, I have boxed version of the game's older version: Starshatter The Ultimate Space Combat.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Zorch

RE: How to get discontinued Matrix games?

Post by Zorch »

Google it.
Some re-seller like Ebay or Amazon may have copies. Or GOG.com.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Google it.
Did it. Found it.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Some of those games can be hard to come by, some I would like to get my hands on as collection is Warships and Pacific War by Gary. I use to own those, now trying to get them back. They sure bring back some good memories.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Ebay has been my source for getting the old matrix games - i got Starshatter that way and even Titans of Steel (yes i knows its free, but i like the physical copy and its manual) Warship i also got from Ebay

I even got La Grande Armee at Austerlitz and Fortress Europe - on ebay, just to see if they are as unplayable as reportable and yeap they sure are - Fortress Europe could have been good if it had been spent longer on..a looot longer
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Be careful with system requirements; an old game normally won't play well in newer computers, unless it had been remastered

I still have somewhere my original copy of "Grim Fandango", but I purchased it again, the remastered version, because the old one was not working OK

Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

Be careful with system requirements; an old game normally won't play well in newer computers, unless it had been remastered

I still have somewhere my original copy of "Grim Fandango", but I purchased it again, the remastered version, because the old one was not working OK
I had same problem with Worms Armageddon. Installs just fine on Windows 7, but game doesn't start. Then I bought it from Steam and that works.

MekWars
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

most games will work, even on a modern O/S like windows 10, steam is just a front end, so if it works on that model, it's just that steam either loads the pre requisites for the game for you, or installs in with the right and correct settings needed to load and run on auto, if you did the same on manual installation, again it would work
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “General Discussion”