Soviet Leader Replacement

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

tomeck48

Soviet Leader Replacement

Post by tomeck48 »

Ok, so I had Zhukov commanding the Northwest Front on the Luga, then put him in command of Stavka (Sept '41). The next turn, the AI sacked him and put in Voroshilov. One turn? What's up with that? What criteria is the game using to make that decision. Shouldn't some deference be given to the player's choice?
EwaldvonKleist

RE: Soviet Leader Replacement

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Combat results + political rating + randomness
You have been very very unlucky
tomeck48

Post by tomeck48 »

"You have been very very unlucky"

So what else is new? [:D]
morvael

Post by morvael »

He must have accumulated more losses than wins, which means it will be hard to keep him in command. And every dismissal reduced his political rating by 1 (if POL is 1 leader is executed instead).
The problem is it's not those wins/losses that you can see, but a pair of hidden values. There is a compensating mechanism, which means not every physical win or loss is accounted for in those hidden numbers (because otherwise all Soviet leaders in 1941 would have very poor results).
You'll have to put him in command of an army that can get a lot of wins quickly, and perhaps shield him from dismissal by placing a leader with very bad win/loss ratio (hope is his hidden ratio is bad too) to be dismissed first.
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

Zhukov can command an army ? I thought he was from front to Stakva. I did not remember having the option of giving him an army.
i will have to check.

Brakes are for cowards !!
morvael

Post by morvael »

He starts the game in command of an army. If you'll not force-promote him by placing him in STAVKA I think he can keep command of an army.
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

He can command armies. He rules at winning crucial battles.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

Zhukov can command an army ? I thought he was from front to Stakva. I did not remember having the option of giving him an army.
i will have to check.

I use him all tje time in an Army role. Normally in my games he is going up against Model and Manstein. I will post some battle results when I get to my computer.
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
TheLysander

Post by TheLysander »

If you think you are unlucky, in my mp game Manstein was killed in Dec 41...
morvael

Post by morvael »

In my MP game I killed Zhukov voluntarily (by relocating his isolated HQ) in June 41
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

i will have to check.

I use him all tje time in an Army role. Normally in my games he is going up against Model and Manstein. I will post some battle results when I get to my computer.

Ditto. I used him to keep my opponent at bay on the Neva in '41. Reserve activations can be a big help at hex 83/16.
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

i will have to check.

Ditto. I used him to keep my opponent at bay on the Neva in '41. Reserve activations can be a big help at hex 83/16.
Same for me, I use him on the hottest spot
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
tomeck48

Post by tomeck48 »

"If you think you are unlucky, in my mp game Manstein was killed in Dec 41..."

Ouch. I thought I had it bad.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”