PBEM Beta server and v1.09 Beta

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Christolos

PBEM Beta server and v1.09 Beta

Post by Christolos »

I am currently playing a v1.03.04.03 BETA PBEM++ game from within a v1.08 updated game folder by accessing the game with the v1.03.04.03 BETA.exe file placed in my game folder.

My understanding is that this allows the game to access the Beta server...and this has worked well up to now, but I can no longer access my v1.03.04.03 BETA game as I get an error message telling me that I need to update the game to v1.09?

Will the Beta server only now host v1.09 Beta games or will I still be able to continue my v1.03.04.03 BETA PBEM++ game from within a v1.09 updated game folder, as I was doing with v1.08?

Thanks,

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Christolos

RE: PBEM Beta server and v1.09 Beta

Post by Christolos »

Ok, so I updated to v1.09 Beta and I can see my v1.03.04.03 BETA PBEM++ game is still available to continue playing...and so this must be because the 1.09 Beta executable accesses the Beta server. This is good, but I had a v1.08 challenge that I hosted with 1.08, which I now can no longer access with 1.09 Beta...which makes sense since it is not on the Beta server

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi CC1,

If you updated to the latest Beta then you would need a copy of the old v1.08 EXE to run side by side with the new v1.09 Beta EXE in order to access the regular v1.08 games.

One way to do this would be to redownload the v1.08 patch from the members FTP area, unzip it and maybe install it to a dummy folder. Then copy and paste the v1.08 EXE over (rename it to something else to preserve the v1.09 BETA EXE) and that should do the trick.

Hubert
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Thanks Hubert.

I think I'll continue with v1.09 Beta for now...

Cheers,

C

-Aristotle-

Return to “Tech Support”