Article on Tigers Unleashed

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Mobeer

RE: Article on Tigers Unleashed

Post by Mobeer »

This all seems rather strange - why have an option in Preferences if the game cannot cope with the setting being changed?
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

I just assumed lowering LOS setting would result in faster turns, as the game actually advises doing it during turn resolution. So the game is wrong on advising that?

That´s what I thought too, and that´s why I lowerd the setting...

The game(s) defaults to a LOS of 7.500m. So is that the correct setting as default (7.500)? Or should we set it to the mentioned 30.000m, and where did you get that from?

30k would make sence from a elevated view like a plane so yeah, but just curious to know.

--
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

ORIGINAL: Red2112

My H.O.T. Part 1 video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4v17f37l28

can i just say, thank you for POA video - finally a chance for me to see that game in action - i have been on the fence about it for years
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

ORIGINAL: Red2112

My H.O.T. Part 1 video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4v17f37l28

can i just say, thank you for POA video - finally a chance for me to see that game in action - i have been on the fence about it for years

Your more then welcome!

One of the main reasons Iam doing these videos is precisely because of that. Same thing happen to me when I first found out about POA2, I then searched but just a couple of videos on YT that didn´t show much at that time.

Glad you found it helpful [;)]
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

That video is quite a project. Congrats. And already got 65 views.

HPS really needs a marketing manager if they expect to survive, although survive they do. I am the worst when it comes to adapting to change, but business is business. I think they should hire you and Wodin.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Based on this discussion I just purchase TU. I like supporting people developing things like this [:)]
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

That video is quite a project. Congrats. And already got 65 views.

HPS really needs a marketing manager if they expect to survive, although survive they do. I am the worst when it comes to adapting to change, but business is business. I think they should hire you and Wodin.

Thak you for your kinds words Rosseau! That´s very encouraging, thank you!

--
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i did find the vids helpful - PoA does interest me more now , but its a toss-up at the moment, as i am also interested in Tacops 4 - do you have Tacops 4 - i would like to see a video of that game too

how many scenarios does PoA have, what is its replay value with scenarios - any randomisation?
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

Hi,

Regarding TacOps, I have the demo version and I might do a video later on as there are no videos on YT. I did see a AAR on YT with frame by frame, but that´s about it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhJ3nme1h8M

You can always try the demo, but IMHO PoA is in a world to it´s own. Here´s an old Matrix thread...
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1049460&mpage=1&key=tacops􀍴

With regards to PoA2, there´s 12 scenarios which each has 2 versions, a pre-made scenario and a free-setup scenario. The pre-made scenario is as you would imagen, everything is already set-up for you, so you choose which side you want to play and start from there.

The free-setup scenarios you do the the set-up which includes the level setting and other settings that have to do with the game. I can´t speak much with regards to how the free-setup works as I havent touched that part of the game yet, and I would think Wodin would do a better job in explaining how that works, if he so wants to. I will get to free-setup later on, but for now Iam focused on putting out the next PoA2 video that deals with targeting/DF and arty.

Been very busy with work this month but I hope I can put up the next video up by next week.

As for replay value, well in the pre-made scenarios things work the same way most of the time, but as you move on (advance in turns) things do change as the variables change. Also there are multiple ways (tactics) that you can use in the same pre-made scenario, so there´s always a change as the AI will react in a different matter with each situation. I can´t say how the free-setup scenarios replay values is as I havent tried that yet, so sorry I can´t help you ther for now.

--
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

thanks for this information 0 very helpful for me on these two games
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Why don't you guys take this conversation to HPS' forum? Oh yeah, they are too lame to have a forum. But you could take it to Gamesquad, which has a (very dead) forum for these games.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

I agree with you but if Matrix buys HPS, the forum will already be there [:D]
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

Why don't you guys take this conversation to HPS' forum? Oh yeah, they are too lame to have a forum. But you could take it to Gamesquad, which has a (very dead) forum for these games.

I agree with this too. Matrix is nice enough not to say anything but it´s just not fair for them. I guess it´s ok to give a heads-up to some news regarding other none Matrix related stuff but another thing is having long threads. So yeah please refer to "Gamesquad" for TSS related topics and everybody happy!
rudisa

Post by rudisa »

Hi all,
Where is it possible to download the latest patch for Tigers Unleashed? I can't seem to find the page on the HPS website...
Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 975
GTX 680
12 GB ram
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Hi, alone.

Attachments
tu.jpg
tu.jpg (14.28 KiB) Viewed 134 times
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: rudisa
Where is it possible to download the latest patch for Tigers Unleashed? I can't seem to find the page on the HPS website...

Asid, a player, player maintains the TU patch download page:
TU Patches

It is beyond sad that neither the developer or HPS maintains the patches, and Asid had to pick up the slack.

Another patch was supposed to be released a year ago, but since then, crickets.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Sometimes life is full of surprises [:D]

Attachments
P1.jpg
P1.jpg (176.84 KiB) Viewed 134 times
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

I don´t think you guys are looking hard enough. Main page top "Updates" then "Tactical Studies Series"...

TSS Updates and Patches

A new patch is due soon [:)]
76mm

Post by 76mm »

For anyone who cares anymore, there is a new beta build available on Asid's thread on dogsofwarvu:
TU beta build

Asid provides updates much quicker than other sources, so you are best to check there first.

Return to “General Discussion”