New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Crossroads

RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!!

Post by Crossroads »

Re Silverstone:

Can you spot the two Finns in the picture?

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

I saw about the cost over-runs. I know from going to the race last year F1 is insanely expensive, compared to NASCAR or INDY racing. I do hope they get it squared away.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

I saw about the cost over-runs. I know from going to the race last year F1 is insanely expensive, compared to NASCAR or INDY racing. I do hope they get it squared away.
warspite1

I'd like to think they (Liberty) have spent too much money not to... we live in hope [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Looks like some needle developing further between Verstappen and Vettel....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40628512

Could be interesting....

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Great sportsmanship from Lewis today. But sadly this poor decision making from management confirms why Ferrari (all things being equal) will win the Championship and Mercedes won't. Both Ferrari and Mercedes played the team game today. Ferrari did what was best for the team by maximising Vettel's chances of the all important driver's championship - and Mercedes did what was right for the team while acting in fairness to the drivers, and it cost Lewis 3 points.

McLaren, Williams - how many examples do Mercedes need? If cars are evenly matched and one is up against a team with an outright number 1, then having two number 1's is a recipe for taking points off each other.....

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Great sportsmanship from Lewis today. But sadly this poor decision making from management confirms why Ferrari (all things being equal) will win the Championship and Mercedes won't. Both Ferrari and Mercedes played the team game today. Ferrari did what was best for the team by maximising Vettel's chances of the all important driver's championship - and Mercedes did what was right for the team while acting in fairness to the drivers, and it cost Lewis 3 points.
We can only wish that these 3 points won't be decisive.
Kudos to Lewis and Mercedes. [&o]
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

VPaulus:
We can only wish that these 3 points won't be decisive. Kudos to Lewis and Mercedes.

I too hope Vettel wins by more than 3 points.

Personally, I think Lewis made a diplomatic move here to get voluntary cooperation from his team mate going forward. He said his decision was from his heart and not his head, but I don't believe it.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

VPaulus:
We can only wish that these 3 points won't be decisive. Kudos to Lewis and Mercedes.
Personally, I think Lewis made a diplomatic move here to get voluntary cooperation from his team mate going forward. He said his decision was from his heart and not his head, but I don't believe it.
warspite1

Well given that you have admitted that your hatred for Lewis means you cannot be objective about him, Lewis would quite clearly have been in the wrong in your eyes regardless of which decision he made. But that's fair enough - your call, I suspect he'll cope with the rejection [;)].

But the point is, even if you are correct, Lewis should not have had to lose 3 points in order to possibly, perhaps, maybe get the favour returned at some undetermined point in the potential future. Because Vettel is competing under no such restriction - witness Monaco and Hungary to name but two. With cars so evenly matched, and as has been proven time and again in the past, that is a recipe for losing the Championship.

Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

“It is tough to do that in the championship, but I’m a man of my word,” said Hamilton, who finished fourth. “I did say, ‘Have him let me by and if I can’t overtake Raikkonen then I’ll give the position back’.”

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff admitted the decision could have serious repercussions for the title race.
“It’s one of the most difficult calls we had to make in the last couple of years,” said Wolff. “We could lose the championship because of those three points. “Maybe one day someone will say we were naive. But I still believe the values are important under which you operate, and we stand by those.”

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead
Mercedes boss Toto Wolff admitted the decision could have serious repercussions for the title race.
“It’s one of the most difficult calls we had to make in the last couple of years,” said Wolff. “We could lose the championship because of those three points. “Maybe one day someone will say we were naive. But I still believe the values are important under which you operate, and we stand by those.”
[&o]

This will strengthen the team spirit and it shows also that Lewis has a good relationship with Botas.
I doubt the same could ever happen with Vettel...
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

[&o]

This will strengthen the team spirit and it shows also that Lewis has a good relationship with Botas.
I doubt the same could ever happen with Vettel...
warspite1

Oh I don't know, I hear Bourdais, Weber and Riciardo speak..ahem.. highly of him [:D]

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Congratulation Lewis on equalling Michael Schumacher's poles record [&o]

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Alonso - what a deperate waste of talent....

Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

An incredible season at F1. I could articulate it as epic, historic and legendary, but even these terms don't do the show justice. How did Lewis stay in front of Sepp with Soft tires versus Ultras? Unbelievable display of skill.

Perhaps Alonso and Verstappen should replace the two morons at Force India? At least they would finish races and certainly be in the points.
Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Alonso - what a deperate waste of talent....

As the announcers said..repeatedly this year [:D] Man, Honda is sucking on the exhaust pipe in F1 [:-]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Perhaps Alonso and Verstappen should replace the two morons at Force India? At least they would finish races and certainly be in the points.
warspite1

As Brundle said of that second incident, if that had been two drivers from different teams there would have been uproar - and rightly so. You can't drive like that, and in the run up to Eau Rouge? Criminal. Force India lost an almost certain 1-2 in Baku, you would have thought they would have learned.

And what is Verstappen doing? [&:]

He is a fantastic driver but he really needs to grow up. Yes, drivers don't expect mechanical issues nowadays, but it happens and how is he going to cope if, like poor Lewis, he loses the World Championship because of it??? [X(]

Good job he wasn't driving for Renault in 1982....[8|]

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Looks like a Red Bull 1 and 2 this weekend. Maybe Verstappen will stop moaning for 5 minutes [8|]

And the McLaren-Honda saga finally reaches its almost inevitable end....

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

And the McLaren-Honda saga finally reaches its almost inevitable end....
Let's see how Renault evolves their engines. At least they have more power.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Looks like a Red Bull 1 and 2 this weekend.
warspite1

So Ferrari were sandbagging.......[:@]

Poopyhead

Post by Poopyhead »

Mercedes inherits a miracle win as 3 former world champions crash with a future World champion.

Return to “General Discussion”