Missing Carriers

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

tanksone

Missing Carriers

Post by tanksone »

Hi, playing an email game against Scout1. We're in the middle of 12/44. I just parked except for 2 CV's at Pearl all of my CV and CVL's in Manlia for some basic repairs and to upgrade the carrier aircraft and poof... they've vanished.There are also 21 CVE's missing from there and there aircraft were upgraded too. Any ideas... I've got thousands of turns under my belt and I've never seen or heard of this bug. Oh and this is stock with latest official patch.

Thanks for any input
Bullwinkle58

RE: Missing Carriers

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Look under the "Show Ships Under Repair" button instead of the "Manage Ships Under Repair" button.
The Moose
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Happens to me alot. I keep forgetting to go back to show ships in port.

tanksone

Post by tanksone »

Moose, like I said I have 1000's of turns under my belt and have a firm grasp of the mechanics of the game. After going back into the previous turn, it appears that any carrier USN or RN that upgraded its aircraft in Manila has disappeared from the game....
tanksone

Post by tanksone »

Pictures of the last 2 turns and you can see they are gone.

Attachments
witpae1.jpg
witpae1.jpg (69.04 KiB) Viewed 448 times
tanksone

Post by tanksone »

[&:]

Attachments
witpae2.jpg
witpae2.jpg (74.17 KiB) Viewed 448 times
tanksone

Post by tanksone »

To me it looks like a bug. All the carriers involved had plane upgrades and when all said and done it had to be in the neighborhood of 1000 planes give or take . Everything from Hellcat3 to 5's, SBD's to Helldrivers. Helldriver3's to 4's and lots of TBF's to TBM's.

Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Yeah, it sure looks like a bug to me. Save a copy of your save file (the autosave immediately prior as well, if you've got it).

Maybe it's fixable via the editor?

The most straightforward thing to do is probably go back a turn - which presents its own hassles as far as walking back Tracker data and such.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: tanksone

Since the TFs seem to have disappeared it might be worth checking the TF listing to see if those TF numbers still exist, then click on the TF number to go to it.
I have seen LCU and Industry icons and listings disappear when the AI has too much info to display and you just need to click the right icons and select one unit to get them to reappear.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

So if you click on the arrow beside "Show Ships under repair" does the display change at all.
plund

Post by plund »

There are too many ships in the port to display all of them. There are 1300+

Form a few task forces until the number drops below 1300 or maybe 1000 and your carriers should majically reappear.

Attachments
0D9877A67D..945FF2F1.jpg
0D9877A67D..945FF2F1.jpg (69.9 KiB) Viewed 452 times
tanksone

Post by tanksone »

Scout1 and I went back in time. This time I only refueled and set ships to repair. Didn't do any plane upgrades. Fingers crossed. Btw we're playing 2 day turns. Here's what should be there.

Attachments
witpae3.jpg
witpae3.jpg (118.91 KiB) Viewed 452 times
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: plund

There are too many ships in the port to display all of them. There are 1300+

Form a few task forces until the number drops below 1300 or maybe 1000 and your carriers should majically reappear.

That could be it - stack overflow caused by too much data to display in one port.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

You have over 1000 ships in one port, game can only show up to that. They have not disappeared, just won't show.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Is Victorious the only CV on this screen that you are missing? The 1000 ship limit only applies to ships disbanded in port.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Hi, playing an email game against Scout1. We're in the middle of 12/44. I just parked except for 2 CV's at Pearl all of my CV and CVL's in Manlia for some basic repairs and to upgrade the carrier aircraft and poof... they've vanished.There are also 21 CVE's missing from there and there aircraft were upgraded too. Any ideas... I've got thousands of turns under my belt and I've never seen or heard of this bug. Oh and this is stock with latest official patch.

Thanks for any input

If you got a report that squadrons upgraded, did you look for them? If they're on board the CVEs and you can bring them up then they are present. I take it you disbanded them when you say "parked". The 1000 ship limit applies.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I should caution that if the ships in question are in pierside repair state you cannot access the squadrons, I believe.

Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Actually, you can from the View Ships Under Repair mode.
ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I should caution that if the ships in question are in pierside repair state you cannot access the squadrons, I believe.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

Good to know, should've thought of that.

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

Good to know, should've thought of that.
The annoying part is that you cannot use the "next unit" buttons to go down the list of squadrons and do your adjustments. You have to exit to the ship and then choose the next squadron from the ship.

Return to “Tech Support”