Firefox issues with downloading - anybody else have this problem

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Agathosdaimon

Firefox issues with downloading - anybody else have this problem

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Hi all!

sorry i was just curious if anyone else is having a problem with using firefox and trying to download patches etc off the matrix site? I have no problems downloading things from other sites like gog.com and chrome works, but using firefox the connection just keeps timing out - i had a little bit of success managing to eventually download panzercommand ostfront (i needed the install again) -for some reason it didnt time out on that occasion - it took a while but eventually it got through the ftp site

it could be something wrong at my end - though i tried firefox in safemode and also cleared my cache and yet the problem remains
VPaulus

RE: Firefox issues with downloading - anybody else have this problem

Post by VPaulus »

No. I basically only use Firefox and haven't experienced any timeout with the ftp connections.
Since when you started to experiencing this?
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

as of yesterday - it must be just a problem i am having, i raised a support ticket but just wanted to see if there were any other instances of this from anyone - i havent had to download anything from the site for a while but had a hard drive die recently so needed to get some of my matrix games again

I am wondering if it is at all related to an issue i was having with a recent beta test offer, when i went to link to the ftp server to get the beta, there was some autofilled sections there from a previous beta test - i accidentally okayed it to autofill and now as a result could no longer access the ftp site to get the download for beta - as i guess the old username and password for a prev beta were invalid - i dont know, maybe that is unrelated - i am just out of ideas as to what the solution is
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We had an FTP server upgrade yesterday and possible you tried to access during the switch over. If you can try again now and let us know if its still happening that would be great. Possibly there is some configuration not setup correctly on the new server but we were not expecting to have any issues.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

some PBEM replies haven't been sent is all i've had reported so far
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

thanks fo ryour replies, i just tried again to download the Panzer Command Ostfront patch and it worked right away - so whatever issue was happening before it seems to have gone now - thank you for the explanation
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

Firefox sometimes prevents sites from "redirecting" but will tell you so with a warning at the top of the screen.
You can contact Firefox support and they will help you.
I have had no issues with Firefox in years.

Windows 10 (factory installed) and sometimes I have to temporarily drop some security or firewall on some sites.
More safe is to tell your security when certain sites are 'safe", which is what I do.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

has this anything to do with server upgrade? as i know you said it was the FTP one, but does it do other stuff as well, as this worked fine yesterday but gives an error today?

or just now anyway so reported it all the same

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (177.82 KiB) Viewed 123 times
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I've already reported this to production. It might be related with the server move.
radic202

Post by radic202 »

Funny I never ever download thew patches directly from the site, I always use the updater in the launchpad of the game. Only thing is that you have to make sure you close that launcher before running the patch.

Otherwise the rest of my Matrix games are now on Steam (thanks for adding War in the West to Steam gang) and they DL patches automatically.

Am I missing something? Or should I be DL the patches direclty off the site via my browser?
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

some PBEM replies haven't been sent is all i've had reported so far

I too haven't been getting any BA or BA2 game ready replies [&:]
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: radic202

Funny I never ever download thew patches directly from the site, I always use the updater in the launchpad of the game. Only thing is that you have to make sure you close that launcher before running the patch.

Otherwise the rest of my Matrix games are now on Steam (thanks for adding War in the West to Steam gang) and they DL patches automatically.

Am I missing something? Or should I be DL the patches direclty off the site via my browser?

Your way is how we would expect players to update their games. [;)]
The direct download should be only used for those who experienced issues with the update feature.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

has this anything to do with server upgrade? as i know you said it was the FTP one, but does it do other stuff as well, as this worked fine yesterday but gives an error today?

The issue is now fixed.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

thanks
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

ORIGINAL: radic202

Your way is how we would expect players to update their games. [;)]
The direct download should be only used for those who experienced issues with the update feature.

well in my case it was the initial installer for Panzer Command Ostfront, so i had to actually download it again to reinstall it - i have the disc though but its packed away somewhere in a box
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

Firefox has an optional app called "No Script" which had given me the same error message on certain sites. Since my security ware already takes care of these issues I disabled "No Script" and the problem went away..

Do you have that same APP?

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no i use chrome browser, the scripts was a server error which has now been fixed, only posted it here as it was an error to be noted on the same issue etc

Return to “General Discussion”