Good Samaritan required

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

PongoDeMer

Good Samaritan required

Post by PongoDeMer »

I am making a scenario, quite a large one as it turns out. I am producing my own carefully researched version of Operation Infatuate. This was the fight for Walcheren Island which took place soon after Arnhem. I have downloaded two West Front scenarios that cover this battle, but neither of them portrayed it as I would have wished, so I decided to make my own. I had hoped to be able to use one of the maps, but it was massively scaled down - a mini Walcheren in fact, and not what I wanted at all.

The only solution is to produce my own map. The easiest way of doing this would undoubtedly be to superimpose a hexagonal grid over a map of the island at a scale of 4 hexes per km and then to use that to reproduce it with the scenario editor. There is a small snag though. I don't know Photoshop well enough to do this. I have bought a Photoshop manual the size of a telephone directory, so I should be able to handle the task eventually, but even with the manual to guide me, it is likely to be a long and difficult process.

It would speed things up considerably if there is a Photoshop wizard out there who would be prepared to help. If someone could grid the map for me, I would be very, very grateful.

Many thanks,

Pongo.
"They said this mystery would never cease: the Priest promotes war, the Soldier peace." William Blake
Warhorse

RE: Good Samaritan required

Post by Warhorse »

I have a pre-made 128x88 and a 60x60 hexgrid made, are these any help? I use Google Earth, put the overlay in it and scale.
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”