Combat Bug - Winterized related?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ashkpa

Combat Bug - Winterized related?

Post by ashkpa »

As reported in my AAR last night, I ran into the situation shown in the image below. The combat result should have resulted in a shattered unit and 2 destroyed units (all should be destroyed once implement because there is not retreat path). In the image, the division is not destroyed and it cannot be destroyed. Once implemented the other two are destroyed but the division remains in the hex and prevents occupation of the city.

In the next post, I'll provide two saved games and the steps taken to replicate. Note, the two saved games are because I tried to replicate closer to the actual die rolls, but it would not. I had to proceed from a saved game before the questions on use of winterized units. Saved games after that question appeared to work fine.

Attachments
Combatbug.jpg
Combatbug.jpg (801.59 KiB) Viewed 28 times
Pat
ashkpa

RE: Combat Bug - Winterized related?

Post by ashkpa »

Two game files in the attached. To replicate use the game file "combat bug pre winterized declaration".

To replicate:
* Answer yes to both winterized questions (Russians and Germans)
* Set the interface to set die rolls
* Select Assault
* Select Resolve
* Fractional roll of 288 (miss fractional)
* Combat roll of 17

* Select do not convert to retreat

* Left click on 8-1 GAR (checked later and this step is not needed - just left click on the 7-3 twice and select shatter)
* Left click on the 7-3 INF (I was going to select units to be destroyed, but then decided to select the unit to shatter instead)
* select shatter and get the screen show above.

This was easy to fix, I just went back to this saved game file and destroyed the garrison and division directly.

{edited a correction into this}
Attachments
combatbug..laration.zip
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
Pat
ashkpa

Post by ashkpa »

I continued looking at this and there maybe something else going on as well between the pre and post winterized declaration saved games.

Looking at the details of the combat, it appears that the winterized option selections (yes by both sides) were "forgotten" in the saved game file created after those questions had been asked. (weather effect is -4, when it should be -5 when both sides answered yes). Image below.

Attachments
Combatbugb.jpg
Combatbugb.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 28 times
Pat
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

This should have been fixed by version 2.5.5.0.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”