The new loss report

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Meyer1

The new loss report

Post by Meyer1 »

In Toaw III, there were only two categories: engaged and disabled. Now we have Engaged, disabled, destroyed total losses and damage.

I take that "total losses" is equal to the older "disabled" and that "damage" is only applicable to ships.

Now, the fact that we have now a separated disabled and destroyed categories, is something that existed before but the player was not informed or there's something new in the combat calculations?

Attachments
ffff.jpg
ffff.jpg (43.17 KiB) Viewed 74 times
Curtis Lemay

RE: The new loss report

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Meyer1

In Toaw III, there were only two categories: engaged and disabled. Now we have Engaged, disabled, destroyed total losses and damage.

I take that "total losses" is equal to the older "disabled" and that "damage" is only applicable to ships.

Now, the fact that we have now a separated disabled and destroyed categories, is something that existed before but the player was not informed or there's something new in the combat calculations?

A fraction of a unit's losses were always returned to the pools, unless the unit was unsupplied. The new report just specifies which pile the loss went into (returned to the pools or into the destroyed pile).
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
wodin

Post by wodin »

Just wondering what a "disabled squad" was in reality? Destroyed means all dead or wounded..but disabled? I get a disabled vehicle..just means its broke and can be repaired.
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Just wondering what a "disabled squad" was in reality? Destroyed means all dead or wounded..but disabled? I get a disabled vehicle..just means its broke and can be repaired.
Light wounds. Wounded but able to be returned to duty relatively quickly.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

Disabled in the sense that it is not available for duty for the remainder of the turn.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”