New Wargame Nation At War

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Alan Sharif

New Wargame Nation At War

Post by Alan Sharif »

It's by Lock and Load publishing, looks similar to their title Tank On Tank Digital, which I enjoy, and judging by the videos look close to release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC17dnN ... e=youtu.be
A Sharif
Alan Sharif

RE: New Wargame Nation At War

Post by Alan Sharif »

A Sharif
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the share[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

Oh yeah, been tracking this for awhile but it´s not out yet [:(]

Thanks.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Is interesting but they have a serious problem to release titles... 3 years and no Heroes of the Pacific title, same with an interesting cold war game (similar to this WWII title) that has a video from... 2014 but no more info about it... is true that this looks more mature but until i see it released...

Lock 'n Load Publishing World At War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxd9LrR_a8k
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

They have announced a new 'Rise and Decline of the Third Reich' game. Must confess, I do not know much about it.
A Sharif
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif
They have announced a new 'Rise and Decline of the Third Reich' game. Must confess, I do not know much about it.

Whoa, that caught my attention. Is this an announcement for a new PC game?? [&o]
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
wodin

Post by wodin »

Got the go ahead to review when released at AWNT:)
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

I forgot to mention, some might also want to check there new PnP content...

LnL Print and Play

Another one that I have been tracking and is almost out the door is "A Wing and a Prayer" (boardgame)...

A Wing and a Prayer

I also red that they have lowerd there shipping rates to Europe, Canada and Australia, so no excuse now [;)]

Overseas Shipping

giffin

Post by giffin »

They must be short staffed on releasing any Digital Games. Most of their digital title have been in the works for years.
Challerain

Post by Challerain »

Lock 'n Load Publishing added 2 new photos.
8 hrs · New York, NY ·
LnLP has some more news to release from WBC, We are proud to announce we have signed an agreement with John Prados to release a new edition of Rise and Decline of the Third Reich both in a table top and digital formats. We will be publishing a new design by John that we are calling Third Reich the card game. We will get a better going forward. Here is the first look at this new card game and design. We don't have a lot to report yet but we will in the coming months. We will have more news coming this week from WBC.
Challerain

Post by Challerain »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Is interesting but they have a serious problem to release titles... 3 years and no Heroes of the Pacific title, same with an interesting cold war game (similar to this WWII title) that has a video from... 2014 but no more info about it... is true that this looks more mature but until i see it released...

Heroes of the Pacific (along with a bunch of others) was received in the warehouse and will start shipping next week I believe.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Looks like things are starting to happen.
A Sharif
bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

It's by Lock and Load publishing, looks similar to their title Tank On Tank Digital, which I enjoy, and judging by the videos look close to release.

No, Nations at War is based on the older World at War series (now rebooted as W@W '85), which is a platoon-level Cold-War-goes-hot-in-Europe game.

N@W was the WWII implementation of that same rules set.

ORIGINAL: pzgndr
Whoa, that caught my attention. Is this an announcement for a new PC game?? [&o]

Nope. No way. Absolutely not. It's a re-implementation of one of the most famous Avalon Hill board games of all time, from the mid-70s. John Prados (the original designer) has control of the rights, and had an updated version published by Avalanche Press about 15 years ago, and is now taking it over to David Heath's LNLP for the new update.
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant
Editorial director ~ www.armchairdragoons.com
Host/Producter ~ Mentioned in Dispatches podcast
All around awesome dude & more handsome than I deserve to be with such a sparkling personality

Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

ORIGINAL: Challerain

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Heroes of the Pacific (along with a bunch of others) was received in the warehouse and will start shipping next week I believe.

I refer to PC games... LnL was in the limbo for 3 years with change of dev team included... same with the WWIII title. They are like the Lords announcing titles but at least they release screens or videos [:D]

To be fair i was more interested in WWIII version over the WWII version.

Something i notice is game has no skirmish-editor this limit a lot value for me for a game like this...since Steel Panthers if a game has skirmish i prefer it to predefined scens.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: bayonetbrant
Nope. No way. Absolutely not. It's a re-implementation of one of the most famous Avalon Hill board games of all time, from the mid-70s. John Prados (the original designer) has control of the rights, and had an updated version published by Avalanche Press about 15 years ago, and is now taking it over to David Heath's LNLP for the new update.

David Heath indicated "both in a table top and digital formats." So, does this mean digital print & play boardgame and no PC computer wargame version? That's not good news. If true though, John Prados and LnL could still authorize someone to develop a computer game version someday.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
wodin

Post by wodin »

Command Ops 2..is the game I've slowly lost faith in...Not sure how many years now we've been told about did mounted ops and am East Front title. Instead we got a new UI which if you haven't got an uber widescreen monitor or more than one monitor I find it worse than the original one, some OK aspects but on the whole not keen.

When Panther left Matrix I couldn't understand why on earth Matrix let them go being such an innovative flagship wargame..now it's starting to make sense.

Saying this I want nothing more than to see a new revamped CO game.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Command Ops 2..is the game I've slowly lost faith in...Not sure how many years now we've been told about did mounted ops and am East Front title. Instead we got a new UI which if you haven't got an uber widescreen monitor or more than one monitor I find it worse than the original one, some OK aspects but on the whole not keen.

When Panther left Matrix I couldn't understand why on earth Matrix let them go being such an innovative flagship wargame..now it's starting to make sense.

Saying this I want nothing more than to see a new revamped CO game.

I really liked "Conquest of the Aegean", I still have it printed on a CD somewhere. Then came all this update stuff and more money and I just lost Interest too. Oh well...

bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

ORIGINAL: wodin

or maybe Matrix didn't have as much say in the matter as you think, and Dave O'Connor just wanted to go somewhere else.
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant
All around awesome dude & more handsome than I deserve to be with such a sparkling personality

bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

David Heath indicated "both in a table top and digital formats."

Just in from David (literally as I type this): they're going to do both digital & tabletop, so you're right.

When folks were asking if it's a digital game, though, that's partly true.
But it started as one of the most beloved and oft-played classics of the AH pantheon, and folks who don't recognize that just seem like the Kanye fans that think his duet with Paul McCartney was going to really boost Paul's career for him...
=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant

Return to “General Discussion”