Russian amphibious ships

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

De Savage

Russian amphibious ships

Post by De Savage »

Is there Russian amphibious ships that work in database? It seems I can't dock any landing ships to Ivan Gren-class or Ropucha-class. US ships work like a charm, but it would be great if we get this for other nations too. Or am I doing something wrong in Scenario editor?
Dysta

RE: Russian amphibious ships

Post by Dysta »

Some ships doesn't have a dock, like LST. Only can launch and has to be beached for loading vehicles in. Maybe try to looking at the LPD? (I don't remember if Russia has any beside the botched Mistrel deal)
AlGrant

Post by AlGrant »

Yeah the Ropucha's were designed for roll-on-roll-off ops with bow and stern ramps, rather than a dock.
Not checked it for a while but I think amphibious vehicles (inc amphib tanks) can swim ashore from a Ropucha if they are loaded as cargo (needs CoW license and cargo feature).
GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
De Savage

Post by De Savage »

Ahh no need for LCS, I think I have seen few documentaries and this comes to my mind. Scenario is based in Baltic so no Mistral or other LPD available. I just want to Ropucha and Ivan Gren to work, migh do it with LUA script too.

I made simple test scenario. I tried to load Ivan Gren and Ropucha, but it seems there is bug or I'm still doing something wrong. I try to create amphibious landing for Russia AI. I made simple test scenario to see how landing works. Mission works only manually. AI will not load cargo from pier. Mission will launch only after I manually load ships and they unload their mechanized infantry units to beach. It seems BTR or any other amphibious vehicles cant move in water. But the main problem it that mission will not launch.

Here's test scenario if someone want to take a look. Russia test scenario
KLAB

Post by KLAB »

http://russianships.info/eng/warships/project_1174.htm
Ivan Rogov LPD, it has a stern dock.
Haven't checked if it works yet in Chains etc.

Cheers
K

Attachments
IVANROGOV.jpg
IVANROGOV.jpg (47.93 KiB) Viewed 75 times
De Savage

Post by De Savage »

Some sources tell that Ivan Gren can load two Serna class landing boats. I will try this.
Filitch

Post by Filitch »

AFAIK Pr.11711 has no dock capability
De Savage

Post by De Savage »

We can then assume Ivan Gren is correct in database. It was my mistake than I forgot that Russian amphibious ships are used to unload BTR and other swimming vehicles. So used to western style LST. :D

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”