Luftflotte 2 & Flieger Corps2 withdrawel

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

glvaca

Luftflotte 2 & Flieger Corps2 withdrawel

Post by glvaca »

Hey,

I could use some help with this:

Two questions:
1. Luftflotte 2 and FliegerKorps 2 are scheduled to withdraw at some point. What happens to the airbases and planes? Does it help to re-attach airfields to VIII FliegerKorps? Or any other Corps of Air Army?
2. I now stack fighter airbases with a FliegerKorpsor Luftflotte HQ packed with AA. However, sometimes the flak does not kick in. Any tips?

Telemecus

RE: Luftflotte 2 & Flieger Corps2 withdrawel

Post by Telemecus »

It certainly could help if you re-attach airfields to an air command. In my experience the two ratings that really seem to make a difference to airgroups are admin and air - possibly others like moral do too but I have not looked closely enough. While land commanders can have other good ratings their air ratings are usually an appalling 1. There are some commanders who can be both land and air commanders who have better air ratings. Kesselring is one and he can be an army group commander; and I think there is another one who gets high enough too. So if Kesselring is your army group commander and the airbases are attached to his army group that should be fine. Otherwise it is worth going to an air HQ (which cost no points if lower down the same chain of command).

[I could not answer your question on the withdrawal of Lft2/FKII, also in your AAR, as I have not gone far enough on the latest version. I assume it will follow the rules of earlier versions where the units just attached to the next highest level. So all the airbases in Lft2 not in FKVIII would directly attach to AGC (even though you could not do that manually). But possibly it has a different scripted course.]

On Q2 do you mean FliegerKorps HQ, Lft HQ or both. I previously understood that flak worked in any nearby air battle even when not in the same chain of command, and not at all if far away. But possibly there are better probabilities for chain of command and someone else will know if your choices are significant.

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
glvaca

Post by glvaca »

That helps, so I don't lose the planes on the attached airbases to Luftflotte2 or FliegerKorps 2. That's good news [:)]
I actually made Kesselring commander of 9th Army. His stats are extremely suited for Army/AG command and I don't want to lose him.
morvael

Post by morvael »

I think he may have his own withdrawal date, and won't be available afterwards.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: morvael

I think he may have his own withdrawal date, and won't be available afterwards.

Actually that is a question for me. The csv scenario downloads do give the leader withdrawal dates - and at least in earlier versions Kesselring was gone by the end of 1941. But playing the game he never left. My first game I never used him as I assumed he would only be there for a few turns. In some AARs here you can see him when historically he should have been in Italy.

There is a more general question about leader withdrawals (bugged?, can they be kept in theatre by giving them an appointment etc.). But in keeping with the topic of this thread when does Kesselring go - I assume not the date in the csv. And does giving an appointment mean Kesselring cannot go? Will appointing him out of Luftlotte 2 do this?
glvaca

Post by glvaca »

Hmmm...
That cost me some AP's if he leaves, but I'll survive [:)]
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

I thought there would be lots of tips on how to use flak well .... are there no AkAk gurus?
morvael

Post by morvael »

Kesselring has last date of 11/41.

I have checked the code and it seems leaders are not automatically removed after their last data, except when starting a new scenario. They just have a greater chance to be dismissed/executed/being killed in accident than leaders not past their last date.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

what about adding a withdraw option for leaders ?
This way we could properly remove them without having them killed/dismissed or waiting for this to happen.
Should only be used for those moving to other fronts permanently
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
morvael

Post by morvael »

I assume this represents the possibility of entering alternate history territory and is WAD.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Rommel used to be (and maybe still is) listed as a leader who arrives in the middle of 1945. So alternate histories must be part of the leadership concept.

Return to “The War Room”