Further Development

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
wodin

RE: Further Development

Post by wodin »

I'll look into it:)
ORIGINAL: chemkid
ORIGINAL: Zap

But you don't hear much from Frank Himself. He needs more exposure( get out there Frank and do some interviews) or maybe he is winding down his career and is not that interested promoting himself or his games?

This would be a good interview for Jason(Wodin) for his Needful Things for a Wargamer Blog.
here's a great idea from mr. Zap! i like it a lot! [:D]

@Agathosdaimon - thanks for your update, too.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: wodin

I'll look into it:)
ORIGINAL: chemkid

But you don't hear much from Frank Himself. He needs more exposure( get out there Frank and do some interviews) or maybe he is winding down his career and is not that interested promoting himself or his games?

This would be a good interview for Jason(Wodin) for his Needful Things for a Wargamer Blog.
here's a great idea from mr. Zap! i like it a lot! [:D]

@Agathosdaimon - thanks for your update, too.

Thanks, grateful for any update on how Frank is and the future of these games. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Zap

Post by Zap »

Loaded the update. On opening the game the new Start scenario selection page goes from the top to bottom of my desktop page. So what happened is the button for start game and exit game are covered by my bar at the bottom of my screen. Any idea how to make the box smaller? Or eliminate the bar temporarily to access the start scenario/ exit game?
Hope I explained clearly enough. If not ask away.
What happens now is the buttons to start and exit game. I can see them under the bar at the bottom of my screen but clicking on them nothing happens. So I'm forced to restart my computer to exit the opened game.
berto

Post by berto »

What happens now is the buttons to start and exit game. I can see them under the bar at the bottom of my screen but clicking on them nothing happens. So I'm forced to restart my computer to exit the opened game.
Or open the Task Manager and kill the running process therein. No system restart required.

You can also try right clicking on the bottom-of-screen taskbar. Under Properties, select "Auto-hide the taskbar". This should have the taskbar scroll down and vanish unless/until you move the mouse to the screen bottom edge. With the taskbar out of the way, you should be able to see the bottom edge on the game window in its entirety.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Zap

Post by Zap »

Thank you sir Berto.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

I have been working on Campaigns on the Elbe, in fact the 3.05 update for CotD shared a lot of code with it. I am hoping to finish this year but I can't promise due to the lack of time I get to work on it. But as I've worked on it on and off for about a decade while also doing Guns of August and Piercing Fortress Europa I can say I would love to see it finally published.

It has what I think is an improved AI over CotD but otherwise only minor differences as CotD has been updated over the years to incorporate much of what I was doing with the Elbe game.

76mm

Post by 76mm »

Well that's certainly good news, thanks for the update.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter
I have been working on Campaigns on the Elbe, in fact the 3.05 update for CotD shared a lot of code with it. I am hoping to finish this year but I can't promise due to the lack of time I get to work on it. But as I've worked on it on and off for about a decade while also doing Guns of August and Piercing Fortress Europa I can say I would love to see it finally published.

Good to hear Frank. Looking forward to CotE. Also looking forward to any more work on the other PFE scenarios for France.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

It has what I think is an improved AI over CotD but otherwise only minor differences as CotD has been updated over the years to incorporate much of what I was doing with the Elbe game.

I missed this entry, but very glad to see that there is possibly more in the pipeline. I have made several comments in Support on potential problems in the game and possible improvements, which hopefully may help.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube Support”