Differences between Battle Academy games?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

Differences between Battle Academy games?

Post by Kuokkanen »

I consider buying one of the Battle Academy games. Do those have any significant gameplay differences? I have already asked it in the game forum, but it seems to be even more quiet than this one.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Toby42

RE: Differences between Battle Academy games?

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

I consider buying one of the Battle Academy games. Do those have any significant gameplay differences? I have already asked it in the game forum, but it seems to be even more quiet than this one.
I have both games. I think that the original has more content, but the second one has a better gaming engine? It's too bad that they stopped supporting the series. They are fun and quick to play...
Tony
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

The 2nd is better as far as creating random battles, but all will be eastern front.

I don't notice all that much difference in plat between them

If you want western Front get Battle Academy (it also has quite a few western front DLC's available)

If you want Eastern Front get Battle Academy II

You may find whichever you buy, you will get the other sooner or later.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

^^ YTG about said it all and far better than i could, both is best of both worlds then (agreed)[:D]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

You may find whichever you buy, you will get the other sooner or later.
Unlikely. I already have tons of war games I have played only handful of hours, and games I haven't never even installed. BA series could be good for my tablet, if I ever even bother to use the damn thing.

[edit]
Another game to consider is Hired Guns. Is it as good as Jagged Alliance series? Is camera control handy or horrible? Come on now, I need a target for my Matrix coupon within a month.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I bought Battle Academy. Unfortunately I made mistake with couupon code and that didn't register. So just now I bought Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun and used coupon for that [;)]

MekWars
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

BA is good and they do have sales with all the doc's. I also have BA 2 as well.

Return to “General Discussion”