GD1938 Game 24

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

ironduke1955

RE: GD1938 Game 24

Post by ironduke1955 »

Well I tend to use comparison to get the stat I need because the scroll does not work for me, you might get it to work by using some other method other than the mouse. Anyway the important point is that the YAK 9T has a armour attack value of 500 as you rightly surmised.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Yes you are right. I feel better about building them now. I can't get anything to scroll, despite it showing like it should. But now I know how to check with compare, so its all good.
JRR
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

15 September 1941

The Soviet Union and Germany are allies. Secretary Stalin was comfortable offering this alliance because of the excellent relations the Soviets and Italians have enjoyed.

Germany captured Southampton. Only Plymouth and London remain British occupied.

Halifax was bombed. There is much speculation where the bombers came from. Some say aircraft carriers, but others claim Luftwaffe aircraft were seen in Boston. Very confusing.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

The Soviet Union is happy to have Germany as a new close ally. Along with our mutual ally, Italy, we will continue to fight the Imperialists and bring freedom to the oppressed people of the world. Victorious Soviet forces have liberated Karachi and Ahmadabad, and placed Lahore under seige. Forward elements have reached the outskirts of Bombay and Delhi. We have been greeted as liberators by the Indian population, and have seen the consequences of the Imperialist rule on the newly freed population. Meanwhile, strong Chinese armoured forces have invaded Mongolia. However the tip of the spear has been blunted by our brave pilots who showed what our newest aircraft can do to armour columns unprotected by air power.
Jos Stalin
JRR
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Is there a reason we are stalled?

Chuck
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Waiting on Lordlau1 he may have posted on slack if its work or some other problem, several games on hold I am sure he will give us the heads up shortly
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

I placed the USA turn 49 again in the dropbox. I think it´s falco and not lordlau1 that must make the next movement.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

ORIGINAL: Bombur

I placed the USA turn 49 again in the dropbox. I think it´s falco and not lordlau1 that must make the next movement.

If you placed in the DB again, I certainly didnt see it the first time even though I've been looking out for it for a good while. Last file I played was on the 2nd as can be seen below.

Anyway will get this file cranked out tonight.

Attachments
atg2.jpg
atg2.jpg (233.52 KiB) Viewed 137 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

13th October 1941

The war against Great Britain is world wide.

London was assaulted, South Africa bombed, and Halifax taken.

Who knows what next month will bring?
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Japan is rushing reinforcements to India. Managed to force some Russian units back but it probably is only temporary until I can get some more Armies into the area. The lose of the oil field in India hurts but I still produce more supplies than I use...not much but some. Five fleets are now in Indian waters so they will be felt soon in the battle for India.

Loyal Indian people are joining the Indian militia in larger numbers. Numerous reports of Russian soldiers raping and murdering innocent civilians have convinced most Indians that the Russians are not liberators they claim to be.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Lahore has been liberated. We want to make clear to the world that the false reports by the Imperialists concerning the murder and rape of those we are liberating are not only false, but are a feeble attempt to cover up their own soldiers misdeeds and the systematic crushing of all Indian resistance. We invite the world to send journalists to the Soviet freedom fighters front lines to see the prison camps our peace loving soldiers are finding as we press on towards New Delhi. The Chinese have rushed strong forces to help defend their Imperialist allies just south of New Delhi, and have begun indiscriminate bombing of Indian villages and civilians.
JRR
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

10 November 1941

The German HQ in England confirms reports that London has been taken. The city had been under siege and many of the British forces were captured when resistance became futile. Only Portsmouth remains British held.

The German command in Nova Scotia notes the Italian 2nd Army's arrival to help secure the position there.

German and Italian naval forces are operating against British positions in South African waters.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

More Japanese troops make it to India...soon we will be able to stop the Russians and then repel them from India. I have 3 armies moving to India..only a small percentage have arrived and none have reached the front lines yet.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Bombay falls after a heavy Soviet artillery barrage, as the advance into India continues. Large Chinese troop commitments in India. They have very good pilots flying an extremely good fighter. These fighter's have not yet been encountered on the Mongolian/Chinese front, as the Chinese heavy tank armored column in northern Mongolia has been savaged by continuous air attacks by the Soviet freedom fighters. Word has come of our Italian/German allies rushing troops to back up Russian armed forces. We are grateful for such a solid alliance. We shall see if the Imperialists have as strong an alliance.
JRR
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

After a brief cease fire agreement the USA declared war on the British again. Not that it will matter now since the war between USA and Great Britain already has a winner. The Germans took Halifax and now are in USA backyard. As the USA lost many surface ships to the RN, it will be much easier for the Germans to ferry troops accross the Atlantic. Churchill´s comments on the USA were, indeed, prophetical.
In South Africa, British naval aircraft and destroyers inflicted moderate losses to Italian submarines.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

(Almost) all US territory and military forces have been handed over to our more than capable ally, Japan. We (the US) wont be dictated to, lied to and undermined any more.

Attempts were made simply to surrender but these were unsuccessful. Good luck to our erstwhile Japanese ally!.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The Soviets are pressing forward on all fronts to the point where ground will not now be given as the Chinese have there backs to China proper, Japanese forces are pouring into India and clashes are occurring along the entire front from the Khyber Pass to the coastal, plains. So confusion with the Soviets referring to the Chinese as imperialists as all Chinese cities are ethnically Chinese unlike the Russians who have almost to many different races under there power to count.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The USA gave all territory and assets to Japan. In this game the "donation" will not flat out win for the Japanese, but in many games it would.

This would be a real problem.

Attachments
G24_T52_Score.jpg
G24_T52_Score.jpg (53.28 KiB) Viewed 137 times
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Not sure what you are saying here USA Japan UK and China are allied (UK USA ?) so in effect they already share the US VP's. It would be better if Falco gave Larry or one of the other allied players his password so we can continue the game without any major upheavals, as things stand the value of the USA under Japanese control is only worth a fraction of its value if the US is not Japanese controlled its production is massively reduced its Japanese controlled forces take a huge hit to their combat stats so in effect victory has been handed to the Soviet German and Italian alliance. With a German/Italian presence on the north American continent a reality and no Russian front to burden the Germans this game is pretty much over.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I think the problem is the transfer of VP cities.

Japan is just a tad away from the point where she can be the lead city in a victor's alliance. In game 23 where two allies are at 22 and 25 any transfer would greatly facilitate victory, but I think opinion is leaning against the very unlikely transfer of territory.

Of course, the USA would never do anything like this without being defeated.

The VP totals for alliances currently is 49-46, and the GR-IT presence in the Western Hemisphere is a few divisions. The Atlantic is a big ocean. That said the IT-SU-GR alliance expects victory.

Chuck

Return to “After Action Reports”