HPS Roman Civil Wars

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

U47

HPS Roman Civil Wars

Post by U47 »

Just wanted to ask if anyone on matrix has played the title,and if so how was it?
Blond_Knight

RE: HPS Roman Civil Wars

Post by Blond_Knight »

I played Gallic wars about nine years ago and it was OK but kind of clunky and tedious.
But it looks like Roman Civil Wars is more than just the same engine in another time frame and might be interesting to try.
U47

Post by U47 »

Thanks for the reply. I wish there was some videos on it at least. Unfortunately this game has one review and thats it nothing else on it.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I have the HPS ancient wargames of the like and they are all very good though the graphics leave a lot to be desired. They all use the old format of HPS games with the menu bar at the top and all have a very large selection of scenarios to select from. I liked the Gallic one the best.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

I tried the demo as it covered the use of towers etc where FOG did not.

I am constantly on the verge of buying the full game - but the community / Dev seems dead on this series. Once in a blue moon there seems to be a game between 2 guys at the Blitz wargaming club and very rare input from the developer.

He seems to be a nice / intelligent guy but I get the sense he is engaged in a full time career outside game design.

I had asked the Blitz crew about the best title to get and indeed Civil War has the best content and latest design elements.

Still .... FOG 2 is not that far off ... I would probably only get HPS RCW if they cut the price.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
U47

Post by U47 »

Yeah this seems to be a ghost release damn near nobody talked about the game and like you said the Blitz is all but dead last post for the games was last year [:D]. I do however think 40.00 dollars isnt terrible considering, but I doubt a sale or price slash is anywhere close in the near future unfortunately.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

If I didn't have any of these games, I would seriously consider the latest Roman Civil Wars. The dev does put a lot of effort into his games, although as said above the interface takes some getting used to. I would get the game myself but I bought the first two and that is enough. Certainly more historical than Total War, but some of the battles in the series tend to be huge, as HPS is famous for. Anyway, this latest game is the one to get, imo.

Return to “General Discussion”