Maximum Football Windows 10 - Resize Windows Mode option, Alternate Screen Capture.

Post bug reports, ask for tech support and general requests for help with getting Maximum-Football working in this forum. This is for official support on official versions. Reports based on public beta versions should go in the Public Beta forum.

Moderator: David Winter

local8h

Maximum Football Windows 10 - Resize Windows Mode option, Alternate Screen Capture.

Post by local8h »

F.Y.I. an option to run Maximum Football 2.0 Full Screen on Windows 10, window mode.

First off, you need to be able to run the game in windowmode:

1. Make a New Blank Text Document and rename it windowmode.txt
2. Place the windowmode.txt on to the Maximum Football Game Folder.

Now to view it on Full Screen Mode:

At least this works for me,

Search and Download Scott's Window Resizing Utility

1.Run Maximum Football 2.0, must be at the Main Selection Menu.
2.Open Scott's Utilty.
3.At Scott's Windows Resizing Box, Find and Highlight Maximum Football.
4.Depending on your Video Card and Display, input 0 on to both x/y coordinate boxes.
5.Input 2000 on to width and on to the height boxes.
6.Click on Set Size, Now you got full screen.
7. OK, so you do not like jagged edges, A work around from at least that works for me, press Ctrl Alt Del
keys simultaneously at your keyboard to enter Windows Task Manager Menu and just click Cancel.
Wow, Smooth edges.

Additional F.I.Y.

If you check the inputted values on the width / height boxes (Maximum Football must be selected or highlighted) on Scott's Utility, you will see that the value inputted has changed to whatever value your display can handle.

You can then close Scotts Windows Resizing Utility application or leave it open.

The only Problem with running windowmode Full Screen is that the Games F12 screen capturing method will not work.

Well FYI, ignore if you already know this:

Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcut: Windows + PrtScn

If you want to take a screenshot of the whole screen and save it as a file on the hard drive, without using any other tools, then press Windows + PrtScn on your keyboard. Windows stores the screenshot in the Pictures library, in the Screenshots folder. The file is named “Screeenshot(number).png,” where the number will vary based on how many screenshots you have taken.

Now for hard drive space issues, you will need an image file size reducer for the screen capture PNG avarage size is about 2.0 MB.

Attachments
MFB-Window..l Screen.jpg
MFB-Window..l Screen.jpg (142.75 KiB) Viewed 614 times

zakblood

RE: Maximum Football Windows 10 - Resize Windows Mode option.

Post by zakblood »

Code: Select all

http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/program/swru.html

thanks
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
local8h

Post by local8h »

Running windowmode Full Screen, F12 screen capturing method will not work.

FYI, ignore if you already know this:

Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcut: Windows + PrtScn

Press Windows + PrtScn on your keyboard. Windows stores the screenshot in the Pictures library, in the Screenshots folder. The file is named “Screeenshot(number).png,” where the number will vary based on how many screenshots you have taken. Screenshots PNG average size is about 2.00 MB.

Screenshots automatically saves those pictures by naming them “Screenshot (1),” “Screenshot (2),” and so on. Even if you delete screenshots, that counter just keeps going up. You can use a quick Registry hack to reset that counter whenever you want.

If you take a lot of screenshots throughout the day, particularly for different projects, it can be helpful to reset the counter for the saved files. And you’ll do that using a simple Registry hack.

Search the web on Windows 10 screen capture reset count or at this How to Geek link: howtogeek

Attachments
Screenshot6.jpg
Screenshot6.jpg (89.22 KiB) Viewed 612 times

DreamTeams

Post by DreamTeams »

Thanks, local8h. Will give that a try.
local8h

Post by local8h »

You're very welcome DreamTeams, it has been 10 years now since I bought this game, I recently got back to it for I have tried so many others.

Lucas718

Post by Lucas718 »

After not posting on this site in over 9 years, I had to log back in (still remembered my password! [:D] ) just to say THANK YOU!!!!

I have been playing this game in a tiny little window for at least the past 6 years. What an amazing difference it makes to be able to finally run the game full screen.

And I thought I was the only one who still played MaxFB.
MrTennessee17

Post by MrTennessee17 »

Yay this worked for me in Windows 10!

Return to “Maximum-Football Support”