Looking for experienced Soviet opponent. (CLOSED)

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

tyronec

Looking for experienced Soviet opponent. (CLOSED)

Post by tyronec »

I've played a few opponents so someone with several campaigns under their belt. Have yet to have a game get past summer '42 so that would be good, though am not committed to playing on if the outcome is clear.
However I don't quit and will not disappear part way through.

Options open to discussion, would suggest:
Fixed weather, standard blizzard, no +1.
or
Random weather, mild blizzard, +1 Attack.

House rules, something like:
Para drops only permitted within 3 hexes of terrain that is in friendly supply at the start of the turn.
No naval invasions before November 1941, none outside the 1939 Soviet borders before January 1943.
In addition if Sevastopol is either isolated, or in German hands, none west of the Crimea,
10 day rule - no contact for 10 days, unless by prior agreement, the other player wins by default.
New Patches will be used as soon as possible.
If the Axis player holds Leningrad, Moscow, Voronezh and Rostov concurrently at any time in 1941 he wins.
Not sure what a suitable automatic Soviet win should be ... Perhaps Dingler's 180/250 VPs

Server game.
Can usually do 2+ turns a week.
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !
Dinglir

RE: Looking for experienced Soviet opponent.

Post by Dinglir »

Hi Tyronec.

Might I add the following suggestion to your paradrop rule: Paradrops only to be conducted BEFORE the first ground attack of the turn.

The reason is that the Soviets can often break the German lines during the winter of 41/42, but will lack the movement to close the encirclements. If the soviets can then drop paras at that point (after seeing the results of their attacks), I fear that the Axis is going to find itself in extra deep difficulties.
To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra
tyronec

Post by tyronec »

Thanks for the feedback Dinglir. So the commander's report of battles is sequenced ?
By the way I think my Stalin poem beats your Hitlers rant any day of the week ! Long may culture prevail over popularism.
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

PM sent if your still looking been getting an itch to get a game in again.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: chaos45

PM sent if your still looking been getting an itch to get a game in again.

Nice, been awhile for you Chaos45, good luck :)
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

ya leery of the Sapper/EN not working as due to low EXP on soviet units getting well dug in in 1941 will be tough....but those are just AP Soviet commanders can spend on other more useful units I guess. Just have to adjust the build strategy also want to see how the newish air system works....as me and Peltons game finished up right before all the new changes had been fully implemented.
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

If you have patience, the next beta will fix the sapper issue, maybe mixed with some other adjustements.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

If you have patience, the next beta will fix the sapper issue, maybe mixed with some other adjustements.

The way I read it from Morvael I didn't get that feeling since he mentioned it would bring back WWI style fighting. Of course that is just me and how I read things.
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004

Return to “Opponents Wanted”