Probable Game Breaker

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

afspret

Probable Game Breaker

Post by afspret »

Something I'm calling an annoying little "tick" has popped up again where no matter how many times I issued orders to two USN TFs to move, they stayed put and got blasted by KB. I had the Lex & Enterprise TFs near Wake Is and noticed KB moving in from the east, so for three consecutive turns I gave orders for them to move away from the island but each time they stayed put. In the end I lost the Lex, two DDs, all but one CA, which is badly damaged, and Enterprise is so badly damaged it would never make it back to PH.

This has happened to me before and was more irritating than anything else, but now it might be a game breaker for me. I also seem to recall other people having this problem in the past, but don't know what came of the issue. Oh, and before anyone asks, during the second and third attempts I checked and both TFs had "Remain on Station" showing in the info boxes.
John E. McCallum
Admiral DadMan

RE: Probable Game Breaker

Post by Admiral DadMan »

My first question is where were they home based?

Next is what did you set as a Destination hex?

Also "Remain on Station" doesn't allow retreat.

We'll need more info.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

There are many reasons TF's don't react the way a player may wish. All that I've seen are the fault of the player so far, including myself. In your case the 'remain on station' seems to be the culprit. If you are playing the AI I suggest you back up and try again. If this doesn't work I suggest a screen shot and or more info as suggested above.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Very aggressive TF commanders might disobey your orders too.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
afspret

Post by afspret »

Thanks for the input. The fourth times the charm I guess as I got better results once I cleared the destinations from both TFs and then clicked on return to PH. I ended up sending them N/W towards Marcus and then back towards Midway, staying well clear of KB, I hope[;)]!

As I said the only time I encountered this "tick" in the past it usually involved trying to get a TF to leave a port and never it never occurred with one that was already at sea. As for the "Remain on Station" command, I've never had an issue of getting any type of TF to move from a point at sea it was already at to another destination point.
John E. McCallum
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Tbe most often reason for the unpredictable TF movements for me were "Set TF routing" settings. While "Routing control" set on "Normal/Safer/Safest" is useful for avoiding occasional threats, there is a risk that changes in the threat levels from nearby enemy TFs will really mess up your TF movement paths. So I set "Direct" at times where I absolutely need TFs to move the way I want them
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

I also use "remain at station" when setting a new destination.

But there are so many settings which cause TF to stay or move that its often impossible to know why. I blame poor comms or bad leadership as the reason, WW2 wasn't run with satellite communications.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “Tech Support”