Photo Showing Earhart after plane vanished?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

warspite1

RE: Photo Showing Earhart after plane vanished?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Mobius
ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Mobius

The Yamato as laid down 4 November 1937. No planning there.
warspite1

Sorry, what has the Yamato got to do with the disappearance of Amelia Earhart?
While it was 4 years to the attack on the US that Japan suspicious of any foreigners showing up on what may be a potential base. Or, maybe spying.
Four years to build the Yamato so it shows they were planning something back then. Or, do you think Japan decided on a whim to go to war November 1941?
warspite1

I no more think the Japanese went to war ‘on a whim’ in November 1941 than I believe the laying down of the Yamato in 1937 was the beginning of a ‘plan’ that would lead to Pearl Harbor.

And I still have no idea what that has to do with Amelia Earhart. Such a high profile US National – on a mission to fly around the globe - gets taken prisoner after being found in the Marshalls in 1937. Because if the Japanese found the aviatrix on their territory they would of course immediately jump to the only obvious conclusion available - that she was a spy. I mean how could they possibly check the whole ‘circumnavigate the globe story’?

The Japanese then supposedly transfer her to Saipan where she dies. Right. And then a photo is found with the location identified – but no date, no story, nothing. Natch. The Japanese have taken prisoner a high profile US National and what? They do nothing but keep her prisoner in secret until she dies in their care. The US then occupy Japan for six years after the war, but at no point does anyone find anything, no one says anything. I wonder if there is a reason for that. Oh yes, that’s it, it never happened.

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I enjoyed the special, however, from reading some of the posts, I need more info

The picture is from 1935?
If they found her, I believe it might have been in their interest to publicize the rescue to curry favor with the USA.

The eyewitness accounts are interesting. The plane needs to be found and more detection of the actual crash site in mini atoll
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

So the Japanese have this photo of some people at a dock and publish a book (in Japanese) just for the 10-20,000 people of Peleliu who the majority don't speak Japanese. They must of taken the photo or copy of it to somewhere they have a publishing plant. Like Japan or some major port city. Where they can set type and engraves photos, then produce at least one book. Which they bring back to the Marshall Islands. Where the original photo just happens to be. All sounds reasonable to me.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

On the first try of her around the world voyage according to the trips technical adviser, Mantz, she ground looped the plane.

From the different things I remember she was not up to speed on the planes new navigational system and the ship at Howland heard her, but she could not hear them.

No offense to Mrs. Earhart, but if you look at a lot of the records she set as a woman, they were as a passenger not a pilot.

People have confused 'she was the first woman to fly the Atlantic' to 'she was the first woman PILOT to fly the Atlantic'

One small error in any calculation in the Pacific and you are gone.

My question is where are the womans bones and sextant box that Gerald Gallagher found on Gardner Island (Nikumaroro)in 1940?
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

Someone mentioned Leonard Nimoy which made me think of where Earhart really ended up...

...The Delta Quadrant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uoFsfbH4Y0

[:)]

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: sulla05
My question is where are the womans bones and sextant box that Gerald Gallagher found on Gardner Island (Nikumaroro)in 1940?

The bones supposedly and mysteriously disappeared, but a medical report claimed they belonged to a Caucasian woman about 40 years old, and Emelia was 41 at the time.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: ezz

Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies.
But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth?

The answer is no.

So you're not really Leonard Nimoy? [&:]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies.

The answer is no.

warspite1

I'm Leonard Nimoy.... and so's my wife...

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

but at no point does anyone find anything, no one says anything. I wonder if there is a reason for that.

It's because of a massive conspiracy. Duh! [8|]

By whom, for what purpose, and why-I've no idea. But it's obviously a conspiracy. Illuminati or Rothchilds? Where's our guide to all things conspiracy when you really need something spun out of whole cloth?
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

The answer is no.

warspite1

I'm Leonard Nimoy.... and so's my wife...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRJlo2WRDbw

Old Spock or young Spock?
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

but at no point does anyone find anything, no one says anything. I wonder if there is a reason for that.

By whom, for what purpose, and why-I've no idea. But it's obviously a conspiracy. Illuminati or Rothchilds? Where's our guide to all things conspiracy when you really need something spun out of whole cloth?
Alas! He whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned has gone.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Alas! He whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned has gone.
warspite1

What? Slaakman? Yes but he left behind Blutengel so we'll let him off [&o]

Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
redcoat

Post by redcoat »

Bones discovered on the eastern Pacific island of Nikumaroro are likely to be those of Amelia Earhart, according to a US peer reviewed science journal:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43323944

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Instead of trying to discover what has happened to a dead person the time would be better spent unraveling the mystery of what happens to stockings in the wash. Why does one of a pair always end up missing? Is the remaining one somehow still connected to the missing one in some kind of stocking string theory entanglement? Will this string theory entanglement possibility lead us to the parallel universe where the other stocking has gone? Who knows, maybe that's where Amelia and Elvis are right now.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

From the article: "....The bones have unfortunately since been lost, and so cannot be analysed...."

Also: "The party found a total of 13 bones, which were then sent to Fiji to be analysed by Dr D W Hoodless, who concluded that they had belonged to a male."

So the bones found in 1940 and examined in 1941 are gone and now someone is claiming: "But Dr Jantz argues that because forensic osteology - the study of bones - was still in its early stages, Dr Hoodless probably reached a wrong conclusion."

This latest opinion is just that--an opinion. And you know what they say about opinions.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

From the article: "....The bones have unfortunately since been lost, and so cannot be analysed...."

Also: "The party found a total of 13 bones, which were then sent to Fiji to be analysed by Dr D W Hoodless, who concluded that they had belonged to a male."

So the bones found in 1940 and examined in 1941 are gone and now someone is claiming: "But Dr Jantz argues that because forensic osteology - the study of bones - was still in its early stages, Dr Hoodless probably reached a wrong conclusion."

This latest opinion is just that--an opinion. And you know what they say about opinions.
+1

Return to “General Discussion”