AI not routing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

UP844

AI not routing

Post by UP844 »

In the German rout segment there were three units in the hex highlighted by the red arrow. The units had to route because they were adjacent to several Russian squads.

Even though a rout path was available (yellow arrows) the units remained in their hex and were subsequently eliminated at the end at the rout segment. This does not look right to me...

Attachments
failure_to_rout.jpg
failure_to_rout.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 64 times
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Peter Fisla

RE: AI not routing

Post by Peter Fisla »

Hi UP844, Do you have a saved game by any chance ?
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Unfortunately, no [:(].

An auto-save feature producing a save file at the end of every segment would be handy to analyse such cases.

Siegfried Sassoon

Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: UP844

Unfortunately, no [:(].

An auto-save feature producing a save file at the end of every segment would be handy to analyse such cases.

Good idea, I will add it to the the to do list.
UP844

Post by UP844 »

I suggest making the feature optional, as it will generate a huge number of save files [;)].

Siegfried Sassoon

Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: UP844

I suggest making the feature optional, as it will generate a huge number of save files [;)].

Yes, that's my intent ;)
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Perhaps I have understood why the AI stack didn't rout in the above shown situation. There were four routing units (a leader and three squads, as shown in the message window), not three: if these units attempted routing as a stack, the German squad with the Lt Mtr in the first hex of the route path would make that hex impassable.

Assuming this hypothesis is true, we have no bug here but simply an unfortunate situation (and a reminder to always leave a free rout path [:D]). I presume having only part of the units routing in such a case would open a whole new can of worms (who routs? who is left in the hex?).

The "autosave" feature, however, is still a very handy feature, as it would allow providing a saved file when a real bug is discovered. Assuming the saved files are named "Autosave_xxx", a "purge" feature (accessible through a button or a menu item, and with a confirmation dialog box [:D]) deleting all the files so named would also be very useful (if it can be implemented without too much effort).

Alternatively, the autosave can be implemented as a non-optional feature, with all the "Autosave_xxx" files being deleted when the "New Game" button is pressed.

Siegfried Sassoon

Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

AI will try to rout with a good order leader as a stack, however without saved game it's impossible to confirm. If you see anything in the future please let me know :)

Return to “Tech Support”