What is the easiest Land combat scenario?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

s112233

What is the easiest Land combat scenario?

Post by s112233 »

Which Land Combat scenario is the easiest to play? I'm just trying to get use to all the aspects of the game before I try the grand campaign...
Timotheus

RE: What is the easiest Land combat scenario?

Post by Timotheus »

Burma.
For amphib primer do 1000 mile War.
Download these small (really tutorial) scenarios from site.

PS
Learn how to download, it is kinda involved.
NEWBIE GUIDE Distant Worlds Universe
http://tinyurl.com/k3frrle

War in the Pacific Poradnik po Polsku
http://tinyurl.com/nxd4cesh

INSTALL WITPAE on modern PC
https://tinyurl.com/l5kr6rl
s112233

Post by s112233 »

What site do I download the small scenarios?
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: BillLlorente

What site do I download the small scenarios?

Bill, they're part of the basic install of the game. Look up the starting scenarios (e.g., scenario 1= standard full campaign, scenario 2= enhanced Japanese start of full campaign, etc.) Pull them up when you're starting a new campaign. If you want to do a third party Mod then you'll need to DL it separately, but the '1000 mile war' is part of the basic campaign packages.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Personally I would do the Guadalcanal campaign as a first effort - the scenario is quite short and limited in area and the land fighting takes place in several places - Guadalcanal, Tulagi, Port Moresby/Buna, other islands if you wish.

In addition to a taste of ground war (with all the amphib landing and terrain/fort considerations) you get a real sense of the importance of supply and support from the air forces and navy. The whole game models a combined arms approach over most of the area. Only China/India/Russia have land masses big enough for the navy not to matter much.

But if you are looking for tactical elements, there are very few in the game. It is strategic level in scope so you control nothing during the turn execution. You set up your forces during your turn and give them orders to move/attack/defend and let the AI calculate the outcome. There are lots of random factors in the calculations to keep it interesting.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
szmike

Post by szmike »

you could try the Downfall scenario too
s112233

Post by s112233 »

Now I feel stupid!! I was looking for "The 1000 Mile War" and not "The Thousand Mile War" that's listed on the Scenario selection page. Thanks for the input...

Return to “The War Room”