How to install mods in PitF

Post new mods and scenarios here.
WBossman

How to install mods in PitF

Post by WBossman »

I just downloaded CC PitF from Steam. I used to love this series, but haven't played in years. Honestly I havent played any games in long time. Could somebody please walk me through how to install and use mods for PitF? Or, as I am sure there probably is, could somebody respond with link to the relevant thread.
SchnelleMeyer

RE: How to install mods in PitF

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Some mods will have an auto installer - You just choose your install directory and you will be good.

I have the Matrix edition so no experience on using mods with Steam and usage of JSGME generic mod-enabler.
The game supports Mod folders. This means you can create an new folder within the main game folder like this example : C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Panthers in the Fog\TANKMOD - For your mods.

Whithin the folder TANKMOD in this case you create a similar folder structure as in the mainfolder of the game. Only those folders that the mod actually changes are needed - IE if the mod is just a data mod - you would just need to create the "Data" folder and under this a "Base" folder where to put the modified .txt files.

To start the game in mod-mode you need to create a shortcut of the main .exe file and put it into the MOD-folder. - In the shortcuts properties change the "target" to the mod folder like this: "C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Panthers in the Fog\CCE.exe" /D TANKMOD

Some more info here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/297750/d ... 561761564/
and here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/297750/d ... 068898979/
WBossman

Post by WBossman »

Thanks so much, I got it to work!

I'm using JSGME and it works amazingly.
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »