Soviet artillery

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

tomeck48

Soviet artillery

Post by tomeck48 »

Fairly new here. I'm on turn 19 (Oct '41) of my first campaign game as the Soviet. Learning a lot of the fly. One thing I can't seem to find is how to build artillery divisions. I suppose they'll show up in a menu some day, but I wouldn't mind a little advance notice of when that happens and where to look for them. Any help is appreciated.
richter53

RE: Soviet artillery

Post by richter53 »

You can click on any Russian industrial city and if the Tank icon appears in tool bar, click on it, and it'll give you options to build units using admin points. I think you can start creating them in 1942. You can also create some infantry and armor units (maybe brigade size) in 1941 but its not worth it with all the reinforcements the soviets receive. How about a game? I'm a novice and still learning too.
Richter
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hey guys,

See Sov unit creation list in War Room. All the goodies.

@Tomeck48, Sov cav xxx (combat unit, not hq) available t 25. 5 aps each.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

tm.asp?m=2882717

Artillery Divisions--Oct 42.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
morvael

Post by morvael »

In the early period your artillery is available only in the form of support units, and these are created via HQs (ASSIGN/FORM).
tomeck48

Post by tomeck48 »

Thanks. I think I'll pass on the game for now. The turns and research on how to play is taking up as much time as I can spend right now. Maybe see you in Opponents Wanted some day.

Return to “The War Room”