Bombur mod 1930

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

Bombur

RE: A modest proposal

Post by Bombur »

Good point, althought the good tanks go all to the other, maybe it would be interesting to see how these assymetry could work.

-What about: The Republic/The Empire/ Eastern Empire

vs.: USA/Nippon/Das Reich
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I would say for this game let's play it out, as is, because I have been doing deals with proposed enemies in that breakdown...maybe the next time we do something like this we do 4 v 4 or 3 v 3 or soemthing?
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

ORIGINAL: lordlau1

I would say for this game let's play it out, as is, because I have been doing deals with proposed enemies in that breakdown...maybe the next time we do something like this we do 4 v 4 or 3 v 3 or soemthing?

Maybe we could change for free alliances and shared victory?
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

9 April 1935

The Union continues to prepare defenses. We have no desire to attack our neighbors.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

11TH May 1935

The last Italian Fascist city has fallen all that remains are small pockets of local resistance, alarming documents that have fallen into our hands from the fascists regime have revealed the nation behind the unprovoked attack on the Republic, if these documents prove to be authentic they provide grounds for war.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (190.38 KiB) Viewed 46 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Waiting for the Union.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Nippon turn was made available at 12:54 AM, just after midnight.

You should see it.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Sorry, I forgot about the AAR... I'm a might bit noob.

"I believe that we are a small community and, to some extent, we all became friends, it´s hard for us to backstab a friend, and a game with only one winner is all about treason and backstabbing. Maybe teamwork is much more appealing to us. Just my 2 cents."

I will tip my hand, but so be it--I will never back-stab. Bad karma, bad form, or whatever, for me I don't even like digital betrayal. Not to say other shouldn't... it can make for a great story line in a game.

"-What about: The Republic/The Empire/ Eastern Empire

vs.: USA/Nippon/Das Reich"

I kinda' thought this was the way it was shaping up. Das and I are building the Maginot line reboot and redoubled, so I'd hate to waste all building on a friend.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The Republic can confirm that documents provided by The Empire intelligence service (British) and given to the Italians, these forged documents purport to be from The Republic and are accompanied by operational maps showing a invasion plan of the Italians Homeland by The Republic, this was totally false and led to the Italian declaration of war. And the subsequent loss of life. The Republic has declared war on The Empire for this heinous act cannot go unpunished, the Eastern Empire and Das Reich have joined the British, The Republic has turned to its ally Nippon and The Union for aid in this just war.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Now that's a dozzy... goes to show you never trust the French.

"The honorable Eastern Empire is outraged by the obvious contrivance and betrayal. All out war against the Republic, all those who have sided with the Rebublic, is declared. Undying loyalty to Das Reich and the continued allegiance to the Empire will be enforced with all the mighty and vengeance of the noble children of the Motherland." From the Holy Czar's recent speech "Freedom Is only Earned With Blood"

"In recent news a series of round up's of democratic opposition to the royal thrones power has taken place. Several of the leaders of the Democratic movement were executed after a speedy trial."
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

The British vehemently deny any such claims of the French. The French are clearly wanting a war. The Empire cannot abide being backstabbed and the Queen hopes that all nations will realize the enormity of what the French have attempted to do. While it is true that the French are the most powerful country, by far, it is time for the world to rise up together and get the juggernaut of production under control.
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

my internet was down for a few days with a move to a new house... I'm back. I played my round passive because I had no communication--and was bored, but it seems now after talking that it is at the very least Bombur and Tom verse Union and Eastern Empire. I suppose Das is with us and Chuck Tom and Bombur? I'm re-doing my turn with that in mind.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

9 May 1935

Major diplomatic and military developments as the Republic declared war on the Empire. There seems to some sort of evidence that the British incited the Italians to make war on the French. Whatever the facts of the case it has led to a big war.

In a second major development the Eastern Empire declared war on Nippon. This DoW led to our Union being at war with the Eastern Empire. They apologized and offered us peace, which we accepted provided they also end the unprovoked attack on our ally. The Russians are treading a dangerous path here. We know our Japanese allies are tenacious fighters and the EE should stand down now. The Republic has offered our Union an alliance, and unless the Germans, Russians, and English find their way to peace we will have to consider making war on them, along with Nippon and the Republic. These are the final days to turn back from the path to war.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

So France cravenly attacks a peaceful Empire and you blame the Empire? The path to peace is one that ONLY the Republic can solve they started a war based on a lie and you swallowed it whole hog. Then demand that the aggrieved party must solve the problem. By the way I notice you include the Germans in your threat be very specific and cite for us when the Germans have ever made an aggressive move.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Just as reminder to reality History and fact. Italy declared war on Germany NOT France. France declared war on Italy.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Without stating the obvious the actual reasons for starting a 3V3 war do not have to be either accurate true or even logical after 40+ plus turns of relative peace, a war with fairly even sides has to begin before we all die of old age, looking back Twotribes is right the Italians declared war on the Germans it was such a long time ago I had forgotten. But for the purposes of perpetuating a narrative that gives a reason for war even if its not actually true, planted documents is as good a reason as any.

Sides North V South two naval powers are split and the four land based powers are also split not allowing for one of those powers to be confronted with a three front war immediately, I apologise to Bomber who is in the worst position with several isolated cities well behind enemy lines as are a couple of German cities but as the map is, no combination of sides would not yield some imbalances.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Guys, to celebrate Bastille Day how about a turn.

Chuck
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Funny, war breaks out, and then the games slows... maybe we prefer a peaceful war game!
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

It seems lordalu is having troubles. Game stalled on The Empire´s turn.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Its been two weeks now so time to ask Lordlau1 for his password so we can continue the game.

Lordlau1 your password please.

Return to “After Action Reports”