Play against ally AI

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

VigaBrand

Play against ally AI

Post by VigaBrand »

Hi,
which scenario/mod and which settings are the best to play against the AI (KI).
I'm not able to play against human, because I couldn't play reliable. I had times with more times to play and sometimes no time, so I need the AI for playing. Before I start a game and invest many time, what is the best scenario/setting?

MakeeLearn

RE: Play against ally AI

Post by MakeeLearn »

The Japanese side is more complex and has more to learn with the economy and production. Full FOW and historic settings. I started with the Grand Campaign as Allies. With 1 day turns there is plenty of time to learn the game mechanics and it allows the Japanese AI to flourish at the start, which helps it. As a new player it gave me a sense of what it was as the Allies to be surprised attacked and having to adapt for war.

adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

Id like to know, how to play against
allied
Iron Man...
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Yeah, start with normal Ironman with difficulty set to NORMAL. As you master, move it up to VERY HARD. Then switch to Ironman NASTY. Then Ironman NASTY, NASTY. The title of the last two says is all: "Beware the Dorniers!"
Pax
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

Why ironman? What are the changes?

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Stock had the AI nerfed just before release. It does not work as originally planned. It will die after 3 - 6 months.

Ironman has most of the elements that were cut out replaced in some way to get the AI to work. There are several flavors, start with the original on Normal. You will get a good game.

The Nasty versions add a lot of easter eggs, these make the AI more robust, better able to handle a mistake or even 3.
Pax
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

Could you post a link and how I install that mod?

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

You'll have to search. Install is easy, just copy the files into your SCEN folder and choose that scenario. I think it was scen 10.
Pax
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Here is the link : tm.asp?m=3088504

Your game is Allied Ironman.
Banner designed by rogueusmc
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

Thanks a lot.

patrickl

Post by patrickl »

No problem. Have fun. Playing against human is much better. A lot of the PBEM players are very competent, friendly and serious players who don't bale out or give up. You may to try playing them.[8D]
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

I try it, but I couldn't continue. I'm not able to made a turn every day, so I'm to slow for PBEM.

patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Roger, I understand your situation. I played PBEM but it was demanding. My opponent expected me to return daily turn and my work was to busy that to play it seriously in the evening after 10 hours mental stress in the workplace was very tough. Andy Mac's scenarios are very challenging. I don't play Allied AI so I can'y say to much. I am a Allied fan boy playing USN exclusively esp Scen 102 and 104. You are right - play AI and enjoy leisurely games.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”