Two more newbie-ish questions....

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

SeanThornton

Two more newbie-ish questions....

Post by SeanThornton »

1 - Is there a way to see the game settings for my game, once it's in progress? Number of opponents, difficulty, etc? All the things you pick when starting the game.

2 - Do you need to/can you build a mining station at a colony? Is it necessary or useful?

Thanks
Bingeling

RE: Two more newbie-ish questions....

Post by Bingeling »

1; You can possibly see them by starting a new game (look at the galaxy setup). It should remember your last used setting. If you have started a new game with different settings since your current one, you are out of luck.

2: No, you can not build a mining station at a colony. If you colonize an already mined planet, the mine will disappear. In theory it could be useful, as I believe a max speed mine mines faster than a colony does.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

you can anyway always see the difficulty and the Galaxy size of your game in the "Empire Comparison and Victory Conditions" screen in the second sub-screen: "Achievements".
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

ORIGINAL: SeanThornton

2 - Do you need to/can you build a mining station at a colony? Is it necessary or useful?

Thanks

I'm Pretty sure you can still build Starbases over colony with extractors or gas extractors. Try that.

I could be wrong but I feel like you can still do that.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: Blabsawaw22
ORIGINAL: SeanThornton

Thanks

I'm Pretty sure you can still build Starbases over colony with extractors or gas extractors. Try that.

I could be wrong but I feel like you can still do that.
the original question was: "Is it necessary or useful ?"

it can be useful to build a Starbase with extractors over a planet only if that extractors extract more resources in a single time section than the bare planet.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”