producing units in a kingdom

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

iamspamus

producing units in a kingdom

Post by iamspamus »

Hey all,

It's been a long time, but I'm back. I am playing Spain in a campaign game (original, not eih).
I just created the Ottoman Empire. Yeah. But I can't figure out how to produce units. If I click
on any space in the OE, I can never bring up the window to produce units (like if I click on
Lisbon). it just says belongs to the OE but doesn't give many any option to spend my $/MP. Can
someone tell me what I'm going wrong? Or is it a bug? I'd appreciate any help.

Cheers,
Jason
pzgndr

RE: producing units in a kingdom

Post by pzgndr »

This is with the new update v1.21.04 I assume? If you post a save game file, I could take a look. I did not change anything regarding kingdoms so I'll defer to others for info about producing units. If the manual is lacking, I can add clarifying info to help others.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
iamspamus

Post by iamspamus »

Sure, can do. How do I upload a file? It wouldn't take a .sav file.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: iamspamus
Sure, can do. How do I upload a file? It wouldn't take a .sav file.

Please zip the file and upload it as .zip. I'm also curious if anyone else remembers anything about this from previous versions.
Bill Macon
iamspamus

Post by iamspamus »

OK, here you go. Here is the econ file. I have just created the Ottoman Empire. When I go to produce units, I can't find out how to do it. If I click on a country in the OE (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Cyrenaica, Egypt, Palestine or Syria), it says that it belongs to the OE, but it won't let me produce. I can click on the box up in the top right corner that allows me to buy any of the corps/fleets markers, but just cant get any of the units built with the $55/40MP.

OK, I tried uploading this to the email and it says that only gif, jpeg or txt are eligible.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

The Matrix email won't do it. You can upload a .zip file here or email to me at Hotmail, pzgndr. Sounds like a bug, but was not previously reported.
Bill Macon
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

FYI, I have found and fixed the bug for kingdoms not receiving money or manpower on the turn of creation. The problem was that money/manpower collection occurs at the start of the eco phase, prior to creating kingdoms, and wasn't included in the create_kingdom function. So I added that in and it works fine now. I ran a playtest for Ottoman, Confederation of the Rhein, and Poland and was able to purchase corps and factors.
Bill Macon

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”