Confessions of a JFB...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John 3rd

Confessions of a JFB...

Post by John 3rd »

Hah! Since tocaff started an AFB thread I thought we JFB should not be outdone whatsoever.

Let the confessions begin...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Canoerebel

RE: Confessions of a JFB...

Post by Canoerebel »

Five things I've found helpful as an Allied player:

1. Create alternate screen identify "NYGiants" and frequently log on, pretending to "help" John run his economy.
2. "Accidentally" misclick on his AAR and fail to notice until after reading 20 to 22 posts. Rinse. Repeat.
3. Every day, go to Subway for lunch, order foot-long, name it "John III," light three dark candles, and stick toothpicks in sub while crying "Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!"
4. Bribe LaSalle, Colorado, police department to commit acts of sabotage against John: car hits power pole knocking out power; computer crashes; new computer needed; Platte River floods; wife catches virus; John hurts ankle; employees call in sick; boss offers to sell business but then decides at last minute to renegotiate and ask for 5x the price. IE, keep John in turmoil and exhausted.
5. Occasionally accidentally "forget" house rules, using 4EB to bomb huge stacks in open; using 4EB at 2,000 feet against enemy shipping; send restricted units from India all the say to Singapore before remembering they're restricted; remind John of miscellaneous house rules that he's forgotten but that actually never existed, like "Japan has to pay full PP for any unit - including unrestricted units - to move from one hex to another.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

You are mean-spirited and terrible man Sir. Masking that smooth southern silky voice is a spirit of PURE EVIL! Ware you well Forumites!
[:D]

Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Canoerebel <----smooth and silky (on Thursdays)
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Everybody loves a rebel. Nice post man.[:D]....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Have me spitting up my evening coffee reading that!!!
[:D][:D]

[&o][&o][&o]
Pax
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Like I said---an EVIL spirit. Does anyone have any wolvesbane? Garlic??

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

This here is an Italian household ... yeah we may have a few (dozen) cloves in the house, few more in the garden ... [;)]
Pax
SierraJuliet

Post by SierraJuliet »

Not to be outdone by tocaff. I too have a desire to have a look at what the enemy has under the hood. I know I won't be disappointed at least after the first couple of years.

Kido Butai, although powerful, was a raiding force, and this is exactly how the Japanese understood its usage. 'Shattered Sword'
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

sventhebold

Post by sventhebold »

What about silver bullets????????[:D][:D][:D]
ssgt usaf 84-91 f-15a/c ops puke 525 tfs & 7th tfs
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

Hello. My name is Xargun and I'm a Jap Fan Boy. I've been one since I can remember - even as a little kid I made my own cardboard version of the Battle of Midway... except in my version Japan always won !!!
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: Xargun

Hello. My name is Xargun and I'm a Jap Fan Boy.

<chorus>

"Hi, Xargun"
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Hello. My name is Xargun and I'm a Jap Fan Boy. I've been one since I can remember - even as a little kid I made my own cardboard version of the Battle of Midway... except in my version Japan always won !!!
Have you reached the step where you atone for your sins yet? Sending money to forumites sounds like a good way to do it ... [8D]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I never understood my love for the Axis/Confederate side of games. Goes all the way back to Iron Bottom Sound. LOVED that game and still have it as well as Destroyer Captain and the other of that trilogy. My boys are learning how to play it presently.

A good family friend finally cleared up my confusion on the whole good--bad thing. My family is from North Kansas City. Well...come to find out that NORTH Kansas City was actually SOUTHERN during the Civil War. It explains SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things in life...

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

[:D][:D][:D]
Pax
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

You are mean-spirited and terrible man Sir. Masking that smooth southern silky voice is a spirit of PURE EVIL! Ware you well Forumites!

And to think that he presents himself as a solid church going man.[:-]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Canoerebel<~~~~~~~~solid and church-going (on Sundays)
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Have you reached the step where you atone for your sins yet? Sending money to forumites sounds like a good way to do it ... [8D]

What sins? My only sin is I only have 1 life to give in service of the Emperor
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Aye. Start with those that just received their Matrix 15 year anniversary coupon for a free game and then work your way through the bilge that started in 2010+.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”